Belka is a country that used to be a close ally with Joseph Stalin until they had an argument about 1934. Belka is famous throughout the World for its cheese exportation.
- 1 Location
- 2 Climate
- 3 Notable places
- 4 History
- 5 Military
- 6 Notable Belkan people
The Principality of Belka is located north east of Osea, on the Osean main continent. Before the Belkan war in 1995, Belka could be estimated as being roughly 505,000 km² (around the size of Spain); during the height of the war, Belka encompassed an area estimated of around 780,500 km² (around the size of Turkey); after the war and loss of its Southern and South Eastern territories it retreated to an area estimated around 390,500 km² (around the size of Zimbabwe).
Belka is a medium-sized nation, surrounded to the south and east by Ustio, Ratio, Recta, Fato, Gebet and Osea; Belka has also declared war on all of these countries, plus the Kingdom of Sapin. Belka's northern coastline runs along the Arctic Ocean.
Little is known about Belka's climate. However, judging by its position below the Arctic, it could be surmised that north Belka appears to have very cold winters and cool summers. A mountain range running across the centre of the country may provide some protection for the south.
Belka's most noticeable weather conditions consist of heavy snowfall. As a result of the nuclear strike carried out near the end of the Belkan War, most of Belka's central mountain range is too dangerous to inhabit due to radioactive fallout. This seems to have had an effect on the weather patterns of the rest of North Belka, turning it into most of it into an Arctic wasteland, throwing North Belka into anarchy. Effects of the blasts also spread as far south as the former Belkan city of Sudentor which only escaped the blast due to the mountains as evidenced by the ground zero crater north of the city.
However, North Belka was not always as desolate as it is today. A vacation town on the North Belkan coast a few dozen miles west of Dinsmark used to attract travellers from all over the world before the Belkan war with a warm, serene environment.
- Anfang - A stretch of coastline several dozen miles west of the North Belkan capital of Dinsmark, this used to be a vacationing hotspot before the Belkan war. The vibrant ecosystem and beautiful coastline attracted both young and old, but all that changed during the Belkan war. It is the site of the last battle of the war, which occurred right as the peace treaty was being signed.
- Area B7R - the main battle zone at the border between Belka and Ustio, named "The Round Table" by the aces who fly in the area. The topography makes the location look like a giant circle with a 400 km radius, hence its name. It is supposedly the attack corridor used by Belka to invade not just Ustio, but also its surrounding nations, making it an extremely important strategic location, charged to many Belkan aces to defend. Apparently, it also holds a large natural resource reserves that Belka desperately needs to fund its war effort. Aces who distinguish themselves in this area are known as "Knights of the Round Table".
- Avalon Dam/Mund Valley - A dam in the Belkan heartland built amid controversy because of its ambiguous purpose; after it was completed, however, the Belkans came to embrace the dam, calling it the pride of Belka as an engineering feat. Following the Belkan war, Belkan engineers who defected to the radical terrorist group "A World with No Bounderies" completed the V2 MIRV missile and planned to launch it from Avalon, but the Galm team destroyed the missiles before they could fulfil their deadly purpose.
- Dinsmark - The capital of the Belka Federation and the state of North Belka, home to the University of Dinsmark.
- Glatisant - An ancient Belkan fortress built on the top of Mt. Ivrea. The Belkan army converted it into a modern base, the centerpiece of the Hydrian line, a defence line that stretched from the Sapin border to the Osean border, as well as a suspected nuclear production facility. It was destroyed by the Allied forces, but not before a mysterious attack took out several Ustian squadrons.
- Hoffnung - A major industrial center for Belka known as the "Sleepless Town" for its non-stop industrial productions. The city was razed to the ground by the retreating Belkan forces as part of their newly instated scorched earth policy, attempting to keep Belkan technology out of the Allies' hands.
- Lumen - A border city in South Belka, Lumen was the site of the peace resolution talks after the Belkan War. It was attacked by the XB-0 Hresvelgr several months later.
- Mt. Schirm - A mine in North Belka from the Belkan Federation's more prosperous era. Probably abandoned during the 80's when the vein went dry, possibly affecting the already chaotic Belkan economy. An operation occurred over the area during the Circum-Pacific War, when a significant force was used to defend the mine as nuclear weapons were being stored. The V1 Tactical nuclear weapons were to be sold for the Yuktobanians and Oseans fighting each other. This ended when the Razgriz Air Command Squadron destroyed the entrance, sealing it for perpituity, presumably.
- Schayne Plains - Belka's second line of defence, the Schayne Plains are an open expanse of fields, bisected by a branching river. In the middle of the war, the Allies neutralized the defence capabilities of the defence line, but suffered massive casualties when the Belkans used the chemical laser Excalibur to attack the allied aircraft.
- Stier Castle - An ancient castle in the Stier region, overlooks one of the seven nuclear blast craters left from the Belkan War. The battle against the Hresvelgr also occurred here. President Harling of Osea was kept in captivity here during the Circum-Pacific War of 2010.
- Sudentor - The capital of South Belka, later ceded to Osea and becoming part of North Osea. It is one of the sites of the final battles of the Belkan War.
- Hören - a small village in North Belka, it was the location of the peace resolution talks between Belka and the USSR following the Belka-USSR War.
Fallout with Joseph Stalin
Belkan President of the time Carter Hurley was playing cards with Stalin, Stalin lost and got pissed, democratic relations between the USSR and Belka ceased moments later. Belka and the USSR engage in all out conflict the next day.
Belka-USSR War (1934-67)
The Soviet Union make the first move, deploying their elite GRU subsidiary organisation into Belka to really make a mess of things. For 6 months the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles give the USSR the uperhand, that is until the Belkan's exploit their one weakness...a love of Pizza. The GRU troops are lured into a minefield and destroyed. Belka deploy their own Special Forces into the Soviet Union to undermine the Soviet's Operation "Fat Beaver". This is a success, Mr Blobby is supposedly destroyed prior his completion, greatly tipping the scales of the war in Belka's favour. It has recently come to light however that he was not destroyed at all.
In 1942, Nazi Germany invade Russia, Stalin now has 2 enemies to fight. Amidst the chaos of the Nazi invasion, Belka deploy Rambo to ensure the "shit hits the fan". Rambo successfully undermines several Soviet operations, however they begin to push the Nazi's back, much to Belkan Government's distaste.
Russians kick Nazi ass and help win WWII
Enemies In The Shadows
There is a temporary change of enemies in 1953 following the Justice League led Coup d'état in the Soviet Union: See Article: Justice League led Coup in the Soviet Union(1953). Following the unravelling of the Justice League's sinister regime, the war between Belka and the USSR recommenced.
Belka-USSR War (Continued)
Intense conflict continued with heavy losses on both sides, Belka sign a treaty with the small breakaway former Soviet Republic of Elbonia and a Belkan ICBM network is established.
In 1959 the Soviets deploy Crimson Dynamo into Belka, The Belkans hire Chuck Norris and The Punisher to work alongside Rambo, they are ordered to take down Crimson Dynamo. They succeed.
In 1964 it became apparent that Nikita Khrushchev's Virgin land scheme had completely failed laying the groundwork for the treaty that would later be signed in 1967, bringing the Belka-USSR War to an end.
In 1967, the Treaty of Сервом году программы фоего кожа была (English: We can't fight any more as we are strapped for cash) was signed in the Belkan village of Hören, finally bringing the Belka-USSR War to an end.
Belka-USSR War Casualty List
No. of Soviets killed: 13,833
No. of Belkans killed: 883,863
Federal Law Review and the Fascist Revolution (1989-1995)
During a period of peace, shortly before war with the Republic Of Dawsbergen in 1990, Belka initiated a Federal Law Review, which, following the war with the Republic Of Dawsbergen in 1990, crashed the Belkan economy. During the panic, the Belkan Home Worker's party, a fascist party, seized power and took control of the nation. The transfer of power transformed Belka from a democratic federation to a fascist federation, combining the judicial, executive, and legistrative branches under one controlling banner.
For six years, Belka invested heavily in its military, creating weapons that were unrivalled. It is suspected during this time of preparation of warfare, Belka researched and created at least ten nuclear warheads, likely becoming the fourth out of four countries to be nuclear-capable (the other three being Osea, Erusia and Yuktobania). As well as upgrading its conventional armed forces as well as nuclear capability, Belka invested in creating large unconventional superweapons such as the XB-0 Hresvelgr, a massive aircraft presumably capable of holding paratroops, infantry, aircraft, bombs (including nuclear warheads); and the Excalibur, a long range laser tower for striking pinpoint targets. These new super weapons, in addition to regular nuclear and a well equipped ground, sea and air force would have made Belka the greatest military superpower in the world. Expecting an attack, other countries (namely Osea) developed weapons in order to counter and someday fight the less than subtle preparations of Belka, Osea's government in retaliation developed the Strategic Orbital Linear Gun (SOLG), which would attack anywhere on the planet from Space with Multi Interception re-entry vehicles (MIRVs). It can be presumed that at this point, Yuktobania began its development of massive submarine military weapons as a means of defence and extending its power to other continents without utilizing the nuclear option.
The Belkan War (1995)
When war was declared in 1995, Belka managed to capture and occupy vast areas of its neighbors' land. The hardest hit was the small country of Ustio, which was completely occupied. Other countries, such as Osea and Sapin, lost almost all of their territory within Belkan reach. As the war progressed, Belka slowly lost its new territories, and opposing forces encroached on the Belkan homeland. The huge resources of Osea and Yuktobania were of paramount importance to the counteroffensive. Also critical was the 6th Air Division of Ustio, mercanary pilots working for the Ustio government. They defeated some of the most skilled pilots that Belka offered. This collection of ace Belkan pilots was known as the "Knights of the Round Table."
Soon, Belka had been pushed back to just south of its central mountain range, in the region of Stier, home to several Belkan cities. In an effort to stop the Allies, Belka used seven of its nuclear bombs to create an impassable nuclear barrier, destroying their own cities and killing over 12,000 Belkans in the process. This act officially ended the Belkan War in the North; in Sudentor, the remnants of the besieged South Belkan army, taking adavantage of the confusion following the blasts and subsequent lack of communications (due to the EMP discharge from the nuclear bombs), attempted to break the Allies' line of three divisions. It was a last, desperate charge. As it could be said for the war itself, the Belkans' luck quickly spoiled. On June 20, two weeks after the nuclear blasts, the guns fell silent.
A few Belkan units refused to surrender, however. Many operations still continued against the remnant forces, until it turned out that they were not fighting for Belka. They had joined with units from all over the world to form "A World With No Boundaries", a terrorist group that intended to unify the world into a single nation. However, Ustian mercenary pilots were able to neutralize the group.
A final group of Belkans went deep underground to form a group that would go unnoticed for 15 years. They were called the Grey Men.
Circum-Pacific War (2010)
In the years after the war, Belka was crippled both physically and economically. Its expensive armed forces were wiped out and once powerful super weapons now destroyed. Belka also couldn't generate the money needed to recreate any of these, as its occupied land was once again territory of its rightful countries. Even much of Belka's own southern lands (now the province of North Osea) had been occupied. Belka now only had control over a cold, mountainous region without enough resources to directly participate in another war. Its population had also taken a significant blow due to the destruction of seven cities, and the loss of even more to the south. For much of the time, Belka appeared to have no working government (similar to Somalia between 1991-2000), but instead was managed by corporations that operated both in Belka, and the new state of North Osea. One of these companies was the weapons manufacturer North Osea Gründer Industries, the head of which was a secret member of the Belkan Grey Men, who had seized control of the country twenty years ago.
Through Belka's corporate power, the Grey Men and other loyalists began to send weapons to Osea and Yuktobania, they also saw to it that these two superpowers were secretly sent Belkan fighter squadrons to strengthen each nations' air forces (Osea's Grabacr and Yuktobania's Ofnir aggressor squadrons). Belka also produced the V2 nuclear weapon, a MIRV missile fired from the SOLG which could have destroyed at least seven target areas in one shot. Finally, Belka (with agents inside both superpowers' governments) provoked militaristic generals in Yuktobania to stage a silent coup, and declare war on Osea. Soon after the Belkan fighter squadron in Osea (Grabacr, known to the Oseans as the 8492nd TFS) abducted President Vincent Harling on the way to a peace conference in North Point, control was usurped by Vice President Applerouth and military officers who resigned several years ago to protest Harling's defense budget cuts. All Belka had to do was to use its two secret aggressor squadrons to periodically provoke the other nation and be sure no one nation got the upper hand.
As both countries' strength faded, Grey Men loyalists took control of the Arkbird, a joint Osean-Yuktobanian orbital spacecraft, and armed it with two lasers, UCAVs, and several air to air missile turrets. Their plan was to escalate the war into a final stage by triggering a nuclear strike on the Yuktobanian city of Ochabursk. However, their plan was foiled by a squadron of fighters called the "Razgriz" (Formerly the Osean Wardog Squadron, 108th TFS, 5th Fighter Wing). These fighters destroyed the Arkbird along with the nuclear weapon onboard, and eventually exposed Belka's plot, helping reinstate President Harling of Osea, with help from Osean and Yuktobanian defectors. This squadron of fighters, along with loyalists of Osean President Harling and Yuktobanian Prime Minister Nikanor, attacked the Belkan command post in Sudentor, which was secretly orchestrating the war and preparing the SOLG for a nuclear attack on both nations. They were also constructing a large tunnel to reunite Belka with the land it lost in the Belkan War. With the command center destroyed, the Grey Men ordered one final desperate attack: to drop the SOLG itself on Oured, the Osean capital. The Razgriz killed Ofnir and Grabacr, who were covering the satellite drop, and destroyed the SOLG in mid-air.
Belkan Air Force
During the Belkan War of 1995 the Belkan Air Force was made up of many elite squadrons, these include:
- Rot Squadron (2nd Air Division / 52nd Tactical Fighter Squadron)
- Consists of four Eurofighter Typhoons.
- Grun Squadron (10th Air Division / 8th Tactical Fighter Squadron)
- Squadron of four F/A-18C Hornets.
- Indigo Squadron (7th Air Division / 51st Tactical Fighter Squadron)
- Four JAS-39C Gripens.
- Gelb Squadron (5th Air Division / 23rd Tactical Fighter Squadron)
- Two Su-37 Flanker-Fs.
- Schwarze Squadron (13th Night Fighter Air Division / 6th Tactical Fighter Squadron)
- Eight MiG-31 Foxhound-As
- Schnee Squadron (22nd Air Division / 4th Tactical Fighter Squadron)
- Four F-14D Super Tomcats for combat and one EA-6B Prowler for jamming enemy radar.
- Silber Squadron (51st Air Division / 126th Tactical Fighter Squadron)
- Four One F-4E Phantom II and F-16C Fighting Falcons.
- Gault Squadron
- Four Su-47
- Grabacr Squadron
- Four F-15S/MTD's
- Ofnir Squadron
- Four Su-35's
Other Belkan aircraft include:
- A-10A Thunderbolt II
- AV-8B Harrier II
- B-2A Spirit
- B-52H Stratofortress
- C-17A Globemaster III
- C-130H Hercules
- F-5E Tiger II
- F-15C Eagle
- F-15E Strike Eagle
- F-117A Nighthawk
- EA-18G Growler
- F-20A Tigershark
- F-22A Raptor
- F-35C Lightning II
- J35J Draken
- MiG-21bis Fishbed-L
- MiG-29A Fulcrum-A
- Mirage 2000D
- Rafale M
- Tornado Gr.4
- SR-71A Blackbird
- Su-27 Flanker-B
- Su-32 Fullback
- Su-47 Firkin
- XB-70A Valkyrie
- YF-23A Black Widow II
The Belkan Army used the same weapons as Yuktobania in both the Belkan and Cirum-Pacific Wars, with the exception of the Osean M113.
- ZSU-23 Shilka
- SA-6 Gainful
- MIM-23 HAWK
- M167 VADS
- Flak 88
- AH-64 Apache
- CH-47 Chinook
Belkan Special Forces
There has been a rumour circulating for many years that Belka's Special Forces were trained by the legendary Chuck Norris.
In 1995, Belka's navy was a very strong force.
- 4 Kayaks
- A model 'Titanic'
- A raft
- All the sticks that kids have dropped in rivers
- A floating nuke
20 paper-made boats.
Notable Belkan people
Aerith and Aeris Gainsborough
"Sloppy" Joe Halstan (A Belkan crapping in a bucket from a very high building player)