Civilization III, or "The Third Civilization", is an epoch that is to take place within the future. The "III", which is a Roman typographical error for the number "3", means that it has to be preceded by two more civlizations.
Civilizations: a brief overview
The First Civilization, or "Civilization I", started in approximately ~10000BC, which is the time of the invention The Shoulder Tap. The end of the First Civilization is marked by the invention of the Alphabet.
As the Alphabet was invented in 1066, the Second Civilization began. It has been lasting ever since, and many great events such as The Great War or The Dance Dance Revolution have taken place. Many are possibly to come, as the mankind is still in the Second Civilization as we speak.
The Third Civilization
The theory of the Third Civilization was invented by the world-famous historian Sid Meier in 1969. Meier believed that the epochs suggested by God are insufficient, and man needs another chance to redeem himself. The author of the theory speaks of such events-to-come as:
- Avril Lavigne becoming a wizard.
- Inventing tasty pot noodles.
- Formation of The USC.
- The death of Harry Potter.
- Jesus meeting Jebus (Meier is said to have ripped this one off from the Bible)
- The building of the Alicia Keys Musical Works Wonder of the World,
- In Civilization III, Soviet Russian civilization, as appropriate, builds the AI or YOU!
It is to be noted that Meier's Civilization Theory mostly concerns the future; it can not be proven to be wrong until the future arrives.
It has been recently confirmed that Civilization IV will be released sometime this year.