“It just doesn't look right!”
“Yeahhh! && Neither does Y0 FACEEE!”
“I've never actually heard one of these things play. ”
The clarinet, also called 'Death by long black stick', is a woodwind torture device used in the band. The clarinet relies on small, thin pieces of wood called 'reeds', which break more often than they actually play. Recently, the clarinet has also been used by the U.S. military as a lethal dual-purpose weapon. Some jeopardy contestants may also refer to the clarinet as a "large brass instrument" or "tuba". It is known by some (and denied by many) that the clarinet is one of the manliest of all musical instruments, even though Asian males are usually the most talented players. But all clarinet players rock and are badasses. Especially girl clarinet players: they are the life of any band
The sandwich-makre Clarinet was created during World War IV by an unknown Alienetic soldier that wanted to celebrate Germany's victory over Russia by playing on his recorder. When he realized that he had eaten his recorder when the un-emergency rations were stolen by Robina Hood, he decided to fashion a wind instrument from his firearm. He modified it so that blowing into the opening of the barrel sounded somewhat like a dying Octopus. He also added four thousand buttons to confuse anyone who tried to play it. He had created the first clarinet. Unfortunately, he forgot that he still had a shell left in the shotgun, so when he figured out how to play above a concert G6, the supersonic vibrations set the gun off, which in turn blew his brains into next Tuesday.
At that point, another fellow soldier, Amadeus, walked into the room upon hearing such a perfect sound. Amongst the splattered brains, he found the modified shotgun. He then took it, and deserted the army with it. He fled to the New World, where music was not discovered yet. There he taught the primitive natives all about music, and along with the natives started to chop down all of their rainforests to mass produce more clarinets.
Right now, it is one of the instruments played most widely in U.S., along with drums and bongos. One of the reasons trees are cut down so rapidly is that clarinets are made from woods that sound so freakin' good (better than the plastic ones. Even John Williams wrote a Clarinet Concerto, taking a break from his busy schedule of composing music. JOHN WILLIAMS CLARINET CONCERTO
Up until the war in Iraq, no one had thought about using the clarinet for non-peaceful purposes. The U.S. military however, had other plans. In 2004, Bush purchased 2 billion clarinets, and bought another 800 million in 2005. They had many reasons for using the clarinet, the main ones which are:
- They are cheap weapons - Because no one south of the border makes over a dollar a day, clarinets can be made very cheap.
- They can be played during joyous occasions - What kind of weapon lets you celebrate a kill with music? Show that n00b how much you pwn by playing a tune over his body!
- Ultrasonic Pitches - A new strategy being used by soldiers is to play an extremely high and off tune note in front of the infidels (with earplugs on). The terrorists' eardrums will break, and holding the note for about 3 minutes will make them go crazy and confused. A further minute after this and their brains will get to a point where it cant cope with the sound and begin to malfunction.
- Assimilation of Western Culture - The Iraqi culture is slowly diminishing as Western culture is being introduced. Clarinets are replacing the drums as the national instrument. All along Iraq, local Halal restaurants are being replaced with McDonald's, camels are being replaced by Grand Cherokees, and the youth is beginning to wear clothing that is too big for them.
Types Of Clarinet
- Piccolo clarinet (Otherwise known as "the one I used to shoot up heroin the other day")
- E♭ clarinet (A medieval torture (1124-1294) device that produces such a high pitch that the victim's eyes will pop)
- Flute clarinet (Otherwise known as the flute)
- Oboe clarinet (Otherwise known as "the duck")
- Regular clarinet (pointless instrument.)
- Metal clarinet (Made of silver-plated brass instead of wood, it is almost always found in the hands of a jazz tenor saxophonist forced against his will to double on clarinet. As such, all "legit" clarinetists despise it.)
- Alto clarinet (Also known as the "moose clarinet")
- Bass clarinet (Also known as black saxophone. Obviously the coolest of the bunch.)
- Contrabass clarinet (An incredibly tall hollow tree trunk)
- Octocontrabasstuba clarinet (An even deeper, larger, hollower tree trunk, often made from the seedlings of the Really Big Tree)
- Zoidberg Clarinet (A clarinet that makes a distinctive "woop" sound)
- Subhyperoctocontratubassoon Clarinet (A theoretical design, it is said to be made of the unoccupied space in the 6th dimension, using super strings from the 8th dimension as its body rather than wood)
- Ultramonsoon was used to play very high pitch notes as it was the only clarinet which could do so
- Wisconsoon was a very fancy clarinet named after a famous person who was good at archery
- Golden Clarinet (Also known as the "soprano saxophone")
Stereotypical Clarinet players
- The Asian Male The ego of the clarinet section. Sometimes the principal and never shuts up. Is usually very nerdy and gets girls by letting them copy his answers.
- Will Doh The example of pure awesomeness. Makes third at states as a freshman.
- The Slacker The clarinetist who's in band for credit. Never practices and leaves his or her clarinet in its locker at all times.
- The Asian Female The quiet one who usually sounds pretty good. Sometimes the principal, unless beaten by the Asian Male. The Asian Male is in love with her, but she doesn't want anything to do with him. The only one who cares about the band.
- The Wannabe Is always trying to act like The Dumb Blonde, except that he/she's too smart.
- The sexy red heads . Is in band for the hot guys. and is usually friends with the Asian Male(to copy off his answers). Backs up The Asian Male's ego. she usally is really good friend to everyone a is the best player.
- The Weirdo Usually nice, but there's something that's just a little bit off. Attracted to the clarinet for similar reasons. Often plays third part.
- David Fracheschina aka "Frenchy" an egotistical version of a Weirdo but lacks the determination to perform. When performance attempts become futile, the David Franceschina will move down to bass clarinet in order to prove one's worth in a sub-par section. Unfortunately, sociological studies have proven that these attempts will unfortunately lead to forming weak ensembles such as Middle school and laughable high school marching bands. "Those who can't, teach middle school....those who can't teach middle school, go back to high school to get drum majors to run to fastfood restaurants for their meager needs."
- 'The Nerdette Often better at playing clarinet, better than entire ensamble. Usually a girl or a gay guy, extremly smart and participates in more than band. Charicteristically short. Uses extreme sarcasm and is a little weird and or crazy. May have strong obsession with Darth Vader.
- Peter Menchu The definition of assertive.
1. Thou are better than flute players.
2. Thou shalt not be friends with flute or tuba players.
3. Thou shalt chew gum in class.
4. Thou shalt shoot people when the directer is not looking.
5. Thou bass clarinet player shalt be best friends with the bassoon and tenor sax players, and kill tuba players.
6. Thou shalt make fun of the saxaphone players.
7. Thou shalt be excited over a new reed.
8. Thou shalt play high to hurt other's ears
9. Thou shalt play high notes only to make the saxophones and flutes envious
10. Thou shalt be friends with baritones for baritones and clarinets are long lost mates
11. Thou shalt sacrifice a flute or saxophone to the evil blackstick goddess
12. Thou shalt be referred to as the evil blacksticks of death. If one questions thy name, strike them with thy blackstick
13. Thou shalt tune out trumpets players
14. Thou shalt stab others with thine blackstick if those said persons question thine superiority
15. Thou shalt squeak obnoxiously
16. Thou shalt be friends with french horns for french horns art as awesome as thou, and art good in bed
17. Thou shalt call any soprano saxophones "golden clarinets"
18. Thou shalt shoot soprano saxophones to get the jazz solos
19. Thou shalt mention Benny Goodman, the King of Swing, if thine band members (mostly saxophones) argue that clarinets do not belong in jazz
20. Thou shalt respect the saxes for they are friggin sexy
21. Thou shalt learn the Mozart's Concerto in A, and use it to annoy everyone in thine band
- 1) The Clarinet doubles as a lethal weapon used to beat INFIDELS.
- 2) The death toll by Clarinet-reed-splinter-in-your-tongue is 0, because only a complete idiot would do such a thing.
- 3) They are the worst instrument in the band
- 4) In the 2010 there have already been 25 reported clarinet stabbings.
- 5) People play clarinet because they are too lazy to make reeds for oboe. Point in case: Woody Allen.
- 6) The clarinet has the second largest range out of any woodwind- it can play from a low E to a high C five octaves above middle C. Some of the higher notes have been known to break small glasses, large glasses, vases, windows, glass sculptures, human ears, etc.
- 7) Darth Saul Williams used a clarinet in his duel with Obi-San Rafiki and the Dalai Llama, of Three's Company fame.
- 8) The only shame in playing the clarinet is that it's a clarinet
- 9) In Warsaw If you hold a clarinet to someone's throat they will hand over their money
- 10) In South Oak Cliff, if one is seen walking down the street in "Da Ghetto", all the drug dealers will immediately shrink back into their hidey-holes out of pure fear of the noise.
- 11) Clarinet players usually grow up to be band directors, and not the good kind either. They normally know nothing about music besides the clarinet and wear sparkling blue bow-ties.
- 12) The clarinets can also be used as a tool for doing sexual things for both genders
- 13 The clarinet was also used for people to practice blowing on to be ready to blow on something bigger in life
- 14) Girls who name is Clare and plays the clarinet is 1 out of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
- 15) The clarinet is usually the most quiet instrument in the marching band; however, 1% of clarinet players are louder than half a trumpet.
|Flute- Clarinet- Oboe - Saxophone- Trumpet - French Horn - Bassoon - Trombone - Euphonium - Tuba - Drummer - Xylophone - Cowbell|