Destiny's Child is a term used for children with a pattern of persistently slow learning of basic motor and language skills during childhood, and a significantly below-normal global intellectual capacity as an adult. One common criterion for diagnosis of what used to be called mental retardation is a tested intelligence quotient (IQ) below 70.
There are many signs. For example, children with Destiny's Child condition may:
- sit up, crawl, or walk later than other children
- learn to talk later, or have trouble speaking,
- find it hard to remember things,
- not understand how to pay for things,
- have trouble understanding social rules,
- have trouble seeing the consequences of their actions,
- singing a weird song called "Independent Woman"