Some of you may have noticed some small changes I made to the site yesterday, in response to Wikia changing our URL. I also unprotected a number of articles, including the Main Page. Clearly most of these articles had good reason to still be protected. I may have also blocked some users that may or may not have deserved to be blocked.
For this, I wish to unreservedly apologise. It is clear to me now that my actions were not the wishes of this community, nor were they furthering any agendas of this community.
I understand that many of you are angry and upset with me right now. Know that there is nothing worse right now than feeling I have let you down. I have spent over a year here now (which I only just noticed), and most of that time has been spent defending your work. I am, in all seriousness, too lazy to get off my ass and write anything decent. Regardless, I have enjoyed the time I have spent at Uncyclopedia immensely. And nobody has even blocked me for not writing anything yet!
I fully intend on becoming less active here until our domain name issue has been sorted out, but I hope that when I do return you all still trust me to continue defending your work ...and needlessly banning Cajek.
Thanks for listening,
—11:55, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
Comments and such
- Manticore, I would imagine it has taken a lot to write this and I have to commend you on taking this step. Saying you might have been wrong is difficult for anyone. Although I don't think anyone can condone much of what went on yesterday (I appreciate you weren't responsible for a great deal of that) I think many of us share the frustration at the overall cause that triggered it. --
- Manticore, you're are a REAL man for stepping up and admitting your part in the mess (unlike Keitei, who never ONCE admitted she was a man). I commend you for that. I also appreciate what you were trying to do, and I understand why you did. I think it's best to set aside who is to blame for what right now and focus on how we can fix it.-- 12:08, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- I takes a great inbred to realize mistakes. 16:16, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- Going crazy every once in a while is okay. Just try not to let it happen too often. Also, since you cracked once, from now on I'm blaming you for everything that goes wrong. 22:15, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- I love you Manticore. But...why did you delete the block log?...I'm just...so confused... - 00:34, 26 October 2008 (UTC)