Forum:The Imperial March or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Colonization
So. A few minutes ago, I decided to root around in the unused templates and delete whatever I could find. Now. As you may know, there are many unused templates that are kind of important, and shouldn't be deleted (for one reason or another). But that's all preamble. What I'm really talking about is the fact that I came across Uncyclopedia:Imperial Colonization while I was looking for stuff to delete. Remember Colonization? Yeah. Good old 2006.
Now. You may be wondering why I care that I came across the colonization page. Basically, I think that Colonization would act as the natural antithesis to VFD and "deletionism". We have Conservation Week twice yearly, but Category:Rewrite is still a mess.
If memory serves, the only reason that Colonization petered out in August 2006 was due to a lack of interest and support. So. I declare Colonization reopen (until further notice). Whoever wants to steer this ship can feel free to do that. If anyone wants to vote to reclose Colonization, feel free to do that too. -- 18:12, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- I've cleaned out the outdated entries and Jocke's reworked part of the layout, so it's ready to go if anybody's interested in the project. 19:03, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- This is brilliant.
- Apples! - [19:47 29 June]
- Let's get this started! Anyone who knows what they're doing wanna get the ball rolling? -
20:23, Jun 29
- Just start colaborativly rewriting well known sucky articles. I say start with things like god, jesus, hell and satin, and things like that. Lieutenant THEDUDEMAN Dude ... Totally UOTM KUN GotA F@H 20:38, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- Well, first people have to pick what they want to "colonize" together. So, everybody should head on down and vote. The article with the top votes each week will become that week's "Imperial Colonization", and will be rewritten by whoever want to rewrite it. If it gets to a point where there are loads of nominations, you guys may want to use Template:Colonizations to break them up into various categories. So, if you wanna get the ball rolling, go nominate stuff. -- 21:10, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
I like the irony of the Imperial Colonizations using the American spelling. • Spang • • 07:35, 30 Jun 2008
- Shuddupyou -- 07:36, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- How is that ironic?-- 09:26, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
Several Colonizations of the week?
Uh, wtf? We haven't even started yet. Can we cool it on the categories so the creative energy doesn't get spread out and die?
- Second. -- 21:20, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- Oh I agree. I was just pointing out the fact that the capacity for multiple Colonizations each week already exists. In hindsight, though, the concept of multiple colonizations of the week probably did spread out everyone's creative energies to the breaking point. --
21:22, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- There you go, Skully. All better. -- 21:24, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
Voting on what has already happened
- For This ought to be a good way to clean up those articles that everyone hates but not enough to delete. I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work if the mistakes of last time aren't repeated. -- 05:15, 30 June 2008 (UTC)