The Jesii Project:Phase One
I've decided to tackle the brushing up of the host of Jesii. For phase one, I need some clarifiactions and opinions on how to classify the jesii, so that the major and minor can be easily reorganized
- Major Jesii What should qualify a Jesus as major? Page length alone, or some sense of the power level of the Jesus in question?
- Minor Jesii Again, what's the criteron. length of entry only? what's the cutoff for promotion to Major Jesii? What about entries that are longish, like Micro Jesus, but who one might intuitively want to log as a minor jesii?
- Monster Jesii Prety easy to tell who belongs in there. Only question I have: Should Mecha Jesii be seperate, or merged back into monster jesii?
- Muchie Jesii I think this cagagory is fine
- Jesus-related places Like Jesus Ocean and Jesus land. Do they belong with the Host of Jesii ore not? I think no.
- I think so too, but I think it's a good idea to have another template for "Jesus related places" to place just below the Jesii template and on all the Jesus-places pages. --neoEva88 19:21, 26 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- I'm the writer of Lizard Jesus and want to say I'm in favor of merging Lizard Jesus and Raptor Jesus. --neoEva88 19:18, 26 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Give me input!! --Sarducci 20:43, 25 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Mecha could be merged. I'd say continuance of major being for full and somewhat complete articles and minor being for stubs/unformatted would work good. VFD the ones that should be deleted, if they suck so shall they be killed, and then killed again 3 days later. Proposal: What if we just made this template more minor (like, 10 or so total, but with a link to "See all" linking to Jesus), and turned Jesus into a disambiguation page? Thoughts? --Splaka 20:57, 25 Oct 2005 (UTC)
The Jesii Project, Phase Two
- Reorganized Major and Minor jesii based on the criteron of length/stubbiness.
- Added most of the missing Jesii, except for those likely to be deleted see VFD. Added a few other sujjested deletions.
- removed Jesus Ocean, as it is a place, and stuck it on the Jesus disabiguation page, along with Jesus Land
- removed Bob, who is not a Jesii, but rather a relative of Original Jesus. Let me know if you disagree with this change.
- moved the stub for JTC, attourney, to minor jesii, on account of him not being a monster, really.
- added the Jesii template to many jesii
The next stage is for me to work on some merges. Intend to merge:
- Lizard Jesus and Raptor Jesus MERGE'ED! --Sarducci 20:34, 26 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Cheese Jesus and Cheesus Chrust merge complete --Sarducci 01:15, 28 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Robot Jesus and Robotjesus
- The Big JC and Attack of the 500 foot Jesus
Disagree with any of those? let me know ere I begin.--Sarducci 14:59, 26 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Sounds good, amen brutha. --Splaka 19:35, 26 Oct 2005 (UTC)
I wrote this article a month or two ago: Jesusaurus Rex. If you want to add it to monster Jesii, that'd be cool. I know it sounds like DinoJesus, but it isn't that similar, and that's covered in the article. I also know it probably isn't very funny. If someone thinks they could fix it up with something more satirical, do as you wish. Arzikl 06:39, 9 May 2006 (UTC)
Nice template, Famine. 8^D I had actually thought about creating this template when writing all the different Jesus names at Uncyclopedia:Village Dump#Continuity, but the fact that you did it so soon is great. Just one question: why is it "Jesii" and not "Jesi" or even "Jesuses?" See wikipedia:cactus and wikipedia:Talk:Hypercorrection#Plural of cactus. -Hyad 02:31, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Well, I had the same question. So I went and found an official statement on the plural form. Lacking any other authority, I went with it.
- Additionally, Jesi seems like a girl's name, whereas Jesii...crap...I should make up a pronounciation guide while I'm at it. Anyway, I started with Jesuses, and it just looked silly, so when I stumbled across Jesii, I went with it. It seems authoritive, and in the long run, that's what counts. --Famine 13:18, 26 Jul 2005 (UTC)
I added Bizarro Jesus to the template, but neglected to explain that in the summary box of the edit. So I'm mentioning it here, for no real good reason I suppose.
Oh, and Jesii seems like the natural plural to me, like how more than one Elvis are Elvii. --Mooky 02:39, 14 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Splaka, thanks for realizing what I was doing with the color scheme. You're the only one who got it so far. Kudos. -- 02:39, 23 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- Heh, I just thought my eyes were going funny, until I viewed the source. --Splaka 02:42, 23 Sep 2005 (UTC)
The correct plural of "Jesus"...
...is "Jesus". At least in the Latin. "Jesuses" or "Jesi" look and are wrong, and "Jesii" is beyond that. --Jatopian 23:34, 30 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- In case you didn't notice, this is a misinformation site. Jesii is more funny IMHO. I agree it is wrong, in the same way virii and viri are incorrect plurals of virus, but it is more funny, and grandfathered in (and the name of the template). I'd suggest opening a discussion here and awaiting consensus before changing everything. --Splaka 23:55, 30 Sep 2005 (UTC)
Ek... maybe so. I am a grammar Nazi, I must admit... but maybe this one should be let go. "AMEN. COME, LORD CONSENSUS."--Jatopian 00:20, 1 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Please stop changing this. Bring this up in the Uncyclopedia:Village_Dump if you think it should be changed. "Jesii" is an integral part of Uncyclopedia now, with almost 30 pages using the Jesii template. --Splaka 00:38, 1 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Honestly, if you are so bothered by this, I might suggest reading Wikipedia:Jesus. It will make your head hurt less. You might also want to read this or this as they might help explain your incorrect understanding of how to pluralize Jesus. -- 02:51, 1 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- Since Jesús is on this list, shouldn't Jeez be as well?
- should Jesus Ocean be on the list, since it is a place made by black jesus rather than a specific jesus?
- Other missing Jesii include: Cowboy jesus, Pirate Ninja Jesus, Stupid Jésus, Ultra Christ, Jesus 2.0, Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, The Big JC
- Several of these stink out loud, and should probably just be deleted rather than included. I present them in the interest of completeness.
- Should all pages linked to by the Jesii template contain the Jesii template on them?
--Sarducci 22:00, 24 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- You might bring this up in the Village Dump. But, I for one am annoyed by people adding nonexistant Jesii to the list! A bit anyway. --Splaka 22:16, 24 Oct 2005 (UTC)
If unlinked pages are not allowed on the template why is there one now? (Jesus T. Christ, Attorney at Law) Inerd 20:40, 26 Oct 2005
- Fair question; there was a short article there this morning when I reorganized the template, it was deleted by an admin in the meantime. I'll remove it.
The Jesii are infinite
As a monotheistic figure, there is only deity, who may have multiple variations, multiple incarnations, a full pantheon of personalities all mirroring the same being. In Revelations one learns of the "brass footed" Jesus, and no one is quite sure what this means. But it fits in well with the Ultra Jesus mythos. If anyone wonders why assembling an Ultra-Jesus megazord from various keyholders to fight a great monstrosity is relevant at all, they must read Revelations.
But yes, go ahead and merge Lizard Jesus and Raptor Jesus. I'm sure Lizard Jesus was the baby form of Raptor Jesus, though some would claim heresy.
I do advocate a new Jesii however, and that is Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He is practically his own Jesus, umergeable with any others. Unless someone made a "Native American Jesus."