The Vinegar Strokes
The Vinegar Strokes are a Scandinavian rock band formed in 1998 that rose to fame in the early 2000s as a leading group in the Cock Rock revival. Their breakthrough came with the release of their "Get Your Rocks Off" album featuring their most commercially successful song "The Seagull".
Member of the band claim that it was formed in early 1994 under the guidance of Randy Bollox. Bollox, a native Swede, and former roadie for ABBA is reputed to act as a songwriter and Svengali for the band. Lead guitarist Sven Bumvall has stated that "Bollox really took us young lads under his wing, I think he has had a hand in everything in everything we have released."
- Dick Flange - vocals, songwriter
- Sven Bumvall - guitar (rhythm and lead)
- Fliki Sphincta - guitar (rhythm and lead)
- Nikolai Flange - bass guitar
- Lars Blubals - drums
- Cumen Fur Christmas (Handjive Records) 1998 - Four Track Sampler released in Sweden
- Get Your Rocks Off (Geffen Records) 1999
- Handful of Love (Geffen Records) 2001
- Point of No Return (Geffen Records) 2003
- The Vinegar Strokes Official Website -