Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1812 - Pretentiousness makes its first appearance in Victorian England.
- 1832 - Captain Petey Widdershanks Blunderbub Shaleweather Monkeyturtle Johansen III obtains his first ship, and immediately sets sail in search of wenches and grog.
- 1865 - Confederate General Robert E. Lee surrenders himself to Union General Ulysses S. Grant. The two later wed in Vermont.
- 1877 - Oscar Wilde pens his play Salome: A Tragedy in One Act which describes his personal experience spilling milk on his favorite sweater.
- 1905 - The famous Bacon and Cheese Sandwich is envisioned; planning takes everal months.
- 1940 - Germany invades Norway and Denmark. Sweden feels left out.
- 1967 - Status Quo plays their first show, at the University of London. Diptheria is involved.
- 2005 - Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles wed, thus squashing rumors that Parker Bowles is a man.
- 2009 - You are reading this anniversaries entry, about to move on to the next one.