May 26: Wear Pants On Your Head Day
- 1907 - Vauxhall Bridge is opened in Beijing.
- 1958 - Yamahachi "Iron Chef Iron Shavings" Tsuharo is born in Cape Town, South Africa.
- 1963 - Unicorns are discovered in Portugal.
- 1963 - Unicorns are extinct in Portugal.
- 1973 - "Let's not celebrate this day" festival is celebrated for the first and last time.
- 1979 - The Afro haircut becomes compulsory in the 48 contiguous states. (Alaska follows suit in 1983.)
- 1980 - Spain Declares war on Pope "Eggs benedict IV" for previous remarks
- 1981 - Boy George is proclaimed Queen of England.
- 1982 - Boy George is deposed in violent uprising of bagpipe makers.
- 1985 - Peter Pan spins in his grave as Michael Jackson's Neverland is built.
- 1999 - The Y2K Bug dies squashed under a rock.
- 2002 - Mars Odyssey ship finds signs of rocks on the planet Mars.
- 2003 - First Masked Avenger found drunk lying in a puddle with dead hooker in lap. Law suits ensue and first official 'Sue a Super' day commences.
- 2004 - The Vienna Boys Choir release a choral version of "Whip It !" that ranks #22 on the Billboard.
- 2011 - Somebody uses the word 'bacon' in a sentence.