Also, nice user name. I'm kind of surprised that hadn't been taken already. --Mr. Monkey Pant-hoot here. 00:33, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
That Unnews about turkeys isn't really an UnNews material, so I moved it here. It's also needs to be expanded.
Also, CREATE A DAMN USER PAGE. so we can worship you properly. Thanks. ~http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/f/f6/Jewriken.GIF 12:42, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
You are correct sir. I was shooting for a quick, stupid holiday recipe' news story like you see in some papers (and the article quoted). I can expand that. Perhaps a grocery store sequence about the intricacies of weaving your way through morons to find a turkey and "testing" it by seeing how far it bounces off the floor when dropped.--DrStrange 14:13, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
Merry Mid-Winter Festival
Keep the "X" in
Santa checks his list to see who's been naughty and who's been nice.
And naughty always makes out better at X-mas
Thanks for the warm wishes. Dame http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b2/PPsigPPlips.gifGUN PotY WotM 2xPotM 17xVFH VFP Poo PMS •YAP• 13:47, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
|I'd just like to say to you, <insert name here> Merry/Happy/Already with the happy! Hannukah/Kwanzaa/Festivus/Capitalism, bitch-nizzle! and other mildly offensive things that make self-respecting white-people cringe with disgust.
-Colin "All your base" Heaney
STUFF THIS DOWN YOUR STOCKING!
||Yo you, yes you, I'm talking about you! It's that time of year again. Yep, time to spend hundreds of dollars on loved ones, dress up your house and raise your hydro bill and, most of all, time to fill each other's talk pages with templates that took us 2 minutes to make. SO STUFF THIS DOWN YOUR STOCKING!!!! and have a happy holidays!
|...or a Chappy Chanukkah, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, Tet, Ramadan, Festivus, or whatever you so decide to celebrate in order to get more gifts.|
Enjoy! Admiral Enzo Aquarius-Dial the Gate
During this season...
- Yeah Happy/Merry whatever you believe/ride off to get presents from us at the Church of Assholes Who Make Fun of Churches of Assholes. --Sir DJ ~ Irreverent 14:05, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
||Kip the Dip has given you a holiday candy cane!|
Eat it! NOW!!
Here's Your Christmas Tree
----Pleb- Sawblade5 ( yell | FAQ | I did this ) 07:55, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
Thank you for voting.
Thank you for voting.
Thank you all for voting me your Writer of the Month for December 2008, despite my rather long winded speech half-telling you not to while still being whore enough to accept the award anyways. Enjoy this pretty template styled after my pretty new userpage as your payment, as per our previous agreement. Much love, —Sir SysRq (talk) 22:49, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
Congrats on NotM!
Welcome to the order, my friend. How does it feel to belong to this, the noblest of knighthoods? —Sir SysRq (talk) 03:11, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- Very proud indeed. It's been awhile since I had a valid creative outlet. I ended a 10-year long affiliation with a college radio station in 02' when I moved from CA to CT (I was actually born in CT but grew up in the SF bay area) so there's a level of excitement being back in the "hot seat" of non-profit competitive entertainment. I recently stumbled upon the whole fiasco over this website's domain being changed to .com which was interesting reading. Frankly, I didn't pay attention to domain designation, I just stumbled onto the site and loved the concept so it didn't matter to me. I'm an idiot-savant type without a formal education so I consider the experience at Uncyc more of even exchange than my throwing pearls to swine. I'm learning a lot. Writing was easier when I was able to use my voice to make something far funnier than it would be on paper. I noticed the audio part of the site and I'd love to be able to start doing that again but I'm totally lacking the proper equipment to make anything I'd be proud of at this point in time. I'm a master at mixing/sound effects/DAE and I have a broadcast quality voice but I really don't want to waste my time at some obscure shit-hole or PLAY THE HITS at the local rock station (even though it would probably make me good money, it would truly be selling my soul). Maybe in the future I'll be an audio contributor but I'm going to have to scrounge up some software/equipment first.
- Thanks for your votes and support! Without UncyclopediA I'd be going far more bonkers than I already am during my lengthy unemployment which has little hope of ending anytime soon.-- 11:52, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, sweet. I dabble in audio engineering myself, although music composition is more my passion that I plan to pursue, make no money doing, and eventually abandon for the exciting world of catering. Uncyclopedia serves as a sort of craziness-insurance for me as well, hell, I may actually be getting shit done if I weren't here all the time. And we all know what that would lead to. Congrats again, buddy. I'm excited for you to win the award, but I'm more excited about having a great new user who understands that humor reaches beyond Santa Claus with a Christmas tree up his ass. Oh, and you're American! Yay! —Sir SysRq (talk) 14:58, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
Yet Another Award
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?
I don't know much about your personality because I've been gone for a while, but I enjoy your edits, doctor. How would you describe yourself in no more than 6 phonemes? • <15:49 Jan 03, 2009>
/S/ /I/ /LL/ /Y/
15:56, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
- Oh no...Cajek has found another DrS to stalk! Wait a second, this could mean that Cajek is gonna come back now. —Sir SysRq (talk) 16:28, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
If anyone's bored, check out Ark of the Covenant, I think it may be VFH worthy but I'm incredibly impatient waiting for pee.-- 16:38, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
- I may pee on it by the end of the day. No promises. —Sir SysRq (talk) 19:21, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
- Looks good, DrS... HI SYSRQ! • <19:57 Jan 03, 2009>
- HIHII CAJEK!! ♥ —Sir SysRq (talk) 00:19, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
You're welcome for the review. I'll hold off on the vote for now until I see the tweaks, even though they should only be the difference between a weak for and a for. I look forward to seeing 'em in the morning. For now though, I'm off to join Mrs UU in front of a DVD, I think she's off the bloody phone at last! G'night! --UU - natter 21:04, Jan 9
- Always patience when the woman is involved! I'm typing while mine is watching Oprah talk about sex......I'm trying to tune it out without much success.-- 21:07, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
You are now officially on my shit list
There are ways of giving criticism. Calling someone Uncyclonazi is not one of them. I'll be watching you very closely in the near future. ~http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/f/f6/Jewriken.GIF 09:50, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry you feel that way but it did come with valid criticism. Given the gentleman's numerous treatises about how everything sucks now, the term has a level of validity for the manner in which it was used. I understand all policies on cyberbullying/harassment that exist here and elsewhere. I also understand what it means to speed at the Indy 500 and get a ticket. I have my doubts as to whether the use of said term really made any difference in your feelings about what I wrote, it merely gave you a validation to warn me and that's fine. As for the extent of my interactions with others from this point forward, there's not going to be a lot for you to watch because Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dave on the front page is the point where I scratch my head in disbelief and head back into the tower.-- 10:21, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Really? That was Category:My sojourn on the front page for me. Oh, except I'm still here. Oh well. You do seem to get worked up a little easily though Doc - try prescribing yourself a relaxing draught of something. Stuff you don't agree with getting featured will get featured now and then, thanks to the miracle of voting and subjective opinions on humour and acceptable writing. I think Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dave works in that article - it's not like Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da is genius rhyming in the first place, is it? Anyway, what I'm trying to say is: this isn't serious business, mmkay? --UU - natter 10:29, Jan 22
- Hey! Don't be making fun of Johnny Mercer lyrics! (not being serious) Perhaps it's more the politics. To most people my emotions will seem....uneven.....but I pick and choose my battles with more thought than may be apparent. I spent 10 years in a jungle of non-profit entertainment that was filled with vicious ego battles and the same characters are all here. I know why I said what to whom - and while most will disagree with the manner and tact, the message was customized for impact. While I may be opinionated, I'm never authoritative to the point of a total obnoxiousness - which degrades the site experience for many people. There's something inherently insane about a gentleman who complains about a lack of quality writers while simultaneously being the insecticide that keeps them away. Have you ever started a new job only to be subjected to the bad attitude of a long-term employee who talks about how great the business used to be - back when his friends used to work there and before incompetents like yourself came in the door?-- 11:11, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- And how am I exactly driving new writers away - seeing as I help new articles form new writers escape deletion every day!?--Sycamore (Talk) 11:15, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Read the last sentence again. If you think It's not relevant to you then who cares, right? Why even respond Syc? I'm just a complete lunatic, right? Why are you responding to obviously untrue nonsense? Everyone can see how full-o-crap I am, right?-- 11:22, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Again, relax. This sounds like a context thing: people have been complaining about dropping standards, and that the place isn't as funny as it used to be since before I joined, before Syc joined, before most of us joined. Didn't stop us joining, and it doesn't stop us joking about it regularly. We're the worst, remember? It's not about being full-o-crap, you have an opinion, and you're entitled to it. I don't see it right now, and I'm entitled to that too. I don't see Syc driving many quality writers away, and I'm on here a lot, and do a lot around the site. I have seen him give a load of new users help and encouragement, and I've seen him shovel a whole bunch of shit from new vandals and cyberbullies. I think his question is a valid one - how do you think he's driving off new users? If you have a valid example, why not explain it? He is, believe it or not, a reasonable bloke, and I'm sure he'd take it on board if you point out an example of unacceptable behaviour. --UU - natter 11:33, Jan 22
- I'm confident that my message is clear. I've also just stated something that can't be quantified or qualified (lost users) by any perspective other than god's. I can only relate my personal perspective and reaction, as a total wiki noob, to the gentleman in question. You are free to ponder that I'm possibly engaging in a dissociative manner, personally jealous or mistaken in my perception of reality - and that's fine. I appreciate your efforts to mitigate/mediate what will be universally perceived (internally) as the "DrStrange problem". I think the best course of action at this time is to drop the hot potato. I've said my peace and will now move on to a quieter existence here featuring less interaction with popularity contest politics - unless someone wants to argue pointlessly. I appreciate your presence here UU, as well as many others.-- 12:10, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
Hey, steamroll this pl0x
Rod Blagojevich is pathetic. Think you can use some of your strange humor on it?
I'll see what I can do--
01:18, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
What an absolute joy
I know that you asked me to help you with HowTo:Be A Damsel In Distress, but I have to tell you, without my help you have created one one hell of a classic Uncyclopedia article. Seriously, I had I dipped my fingers into this I would have crapped it up but good. I love your prose, and that image running down the left hand side of the article is SHARP! I'm even going to go so far as to Nom you for writer of the month in February. Dame http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b2/PPsigPPlips.gifGUN PotY WotM 2xPotM 17xVFH VFP Poo PMS •YAP• 18:43, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Well thank you so very much! I purposefully changed my writing process for that one. I easily slip into encyclopedic style writing which bores too many people so I left the concept as open as possible and worked slowly. I even used some pieces of real HowTo articles and tweaked them into the concept. I would still like to do some collaborating in the future because it.....keeps me grounded. I'm totally lost on why some stuff is "hilarious" and other stuff is "meh" around here but I do know that I find other people's input inspirational and helpful. BTW, I only just saw the "snuggie" commercial which instantly made your article even funnier.-- 20:18, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- And collaborate we will, I promise. Hugs, Dame http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b2/PPsigPPlips.gifGUN PotY WotM 2xPotM 17xVFH VFP Poo PMS •YAP• 21:05, 29 January 2009 (UTC)