|Current Band Theme Song (file info)|
This is where the Uncyclopedia wiki-band is taking temporary residence. If you would like to be a member of the Uncyclopedia wiki-band, please sign below. But before that, a little intro.
The band's goal is to take the most musical members of the wiki, and make some cool music. It's not really for comedic value, and really doesn't add much to Uncyclopedia at all really, unless of course we'd end up collab-ing for some UnTunes style funny stuff, which we could probably end up doing. We've toyed around with genre ideas, and for now I'm leaving it at "music." There's no limit to the amount of band members, and not everybody has to play on every track. It's for musicians who just want to make some music for fun, with some of the friends they've made on Uncyclopedia.
The process would likely involve sending tracks back and forth, and having each person record over the track they got, their instrument. It's really a rather simple process, though it will obviously require a computer mic, and some sort of multi-track recording software. I recommend REAPER, which is a really well built DAW that rivals a lot of the big ones, such as ProTools. You could also try Audacity, which is what Uncyclopedians end up using for doing audios around the site. You could of course also purchase or steal a copy of one of the more expensive ones. Some of our members use Sony Soundforge as well, which I've also heard is pretty good.
All those who wish to sign up may sign here. Put your username, followed by the instrument(s) you play (if you'd like to do vocal, that's fine too), followed by what you would like to be known as in the band (aka, your real name, or some sort of nick name, otherwise it will simply be your username), followed by your signature:
- RAHB - Guitar/Samples/Mixing/Vocal - Rod Jenson - - 23:37, 12 October 2007 (UTC)
- The UnIdiot - Bass Guitar/Extreme Background Guitar/HARMONIKEY!/Trombone?/Mixing - Evan - - UnIdiot | | Talk | Contribs - 01:15, Oct 13
- Leoispotter - Rhythm Guitar/Occasional vocals- Dan -- Phlegm Leoispotter * (garble! jank!) 01:52, 13 October 2007 (UTC)
- The Thinker - Turntables/Bass/Production/Lyrics (though I have no equipment currently thanks to my visit from Keith Moon, but do have access to high-end DAWs through friends for editing and mixing) - Thinker St. James --THINKER 01:55, 13 October 2007 (UTC)
- vampiregirl - Fiddle/Violin - Autumn -- 00:21, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
- Kaizer the Bjorn - Guitar/Vocals/Jaw Harp -- 04:14, 15 May 2008 (UTC)
- DJ Irreverent - Groupie -- 09:53, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
- Javascap - Didgeridoo -- Warm Regards, Javascap
Starting our first song
I figure we should actually start to try and do something, so why doesn't everyone record a riff or post an idea for a song that we can expand into something awesome! Post your ideas below! - UnIdiot | | Talk | Contribs - 19:52, Nov 8
- I've got the drums for about four minutes of song that I made from the drum program on Ubuntu Studio. It's pretty unorthodox, but if anybody wants to hear, it sounds pretty clean. If that doesn't work out, at least you'll get a demo of the drums I can do on here. - 01:19, 9 November 2007 (UTC)