If you would like a somewhat faster response, try here.
There's only one reason you don't recognize the OFFICIAL welcome template. It shows the better Uncyc, LOL . Therefore, your reversions are actually vandalism.
- Please don't tell me what I think. I'm just trying to keep this place clean, and since you don't exactly seem to have that in mind I consider your edits fair game for reverting. It doesn't really bother me if you insist on putting redundant or incorrectly formatted stuff on talk pages, but inserting Alicia Keys references or that kind of thing is considered vanity and if you do it again I will ask Simsilikesims what should be done with you. And she may well decide you need blocked. Llwy-ar-lawr (talk) 05:41, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- The AK refs was grandfathered, as they already existed in the older versions. As for the welcome template, it's actually what I think that you think about Wikia, (and I presume myself correct), which you edit anyway, with two socks that have been blocked (ban evasion) so your boycott of everything Wikia is bullshit anyway. Gee, I wonder why YOU didn't get a welcome template here!
Hello, Llwy-ar-lawr, and thanks for joining Uncyclopedia! Before editing further, please take a gander at our Beginner's Guide. If you want to find out more about Uncyclopedia or need more help with something, check out the following pages:
- About Uncyclopedia and The five pliers of Uncyclopedia
- Help Pages - if you need help with a specific issue
Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date.
If you need help, feel free to ask me on my talk page, ask at the community forum at the main site or in the chatroom, or ask an administrator on their talk page. Additionally, our Adopt-a-Noob program on the main site can bring experienced editors straight to you. Our main site is at http://en.uncyclopedia.co though there is still an actively maintained site at uncyclopedia.wikia.com. Simply leave a message on an adopter's talkpage to join. I hope you enjoy editing here and being an Uncyclopedian!
There, you have been officially welcomed. Now both of you QUIT BICKERING or I will ban you BOTH. The Alicia Keys references should be removed, except in the actual Alicia Keys or Tamia article, which is the only place they belong, except on Boobnoob's user page perhaps. The Alicia Keys templates can remain in userspace. If you don't like the official welcome template, you can each create one of your own with which to welcome users to this mirror site. If the welcome template is later removed from a user's talk page, I'm not going to make a big deal about it, unless it is done maliciously. Llwy-ar-lawr, I know you have negative history with Wikia, you probably didn't know I used to be one of the original contributors to Illogicopedia.org before it forked from Wikia. Boobnoob, remember rule 2, and Don't Be a Dick. You may be female, but there is no reason to go picking catfights with other users. It isn't fair to compare what happens on other sites with what happens here. The rules on Wikia Uncyclopedia are very different from here. You would be blocked there very quickly for adding Alicia Keys references there, or reverting to a previous change with an Alicia Keys text. And probably without warning. The Alicia Keys references around here are only "grandfathered in" because of old vandalism. Choosing whether to patronize Wikia or not is a personal decision, not one that you are in a position to criticize - this goes for BOTH of you. We are not here to rehash the war about which site is better, uncyclopedia.wikia.com or en.uncyclopedia.co. Indeed, it was Carlb, who runs THIS mirror site, who removed uncyclopedia.wikia.com from the site notice. Finally, sockpuppets don't matter much on this site, since there is no voting on this site. Instead, the features are imported from the other two sites, and nothing gets VFD or FFW'd. Anything QVFD worthy, bring to my attention and I will see about deleting it. I check on this site usually about once a week, sometimes more often, unless I get an email that my user talk page has been changed. Simsilikesims (talk) 08:09, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
- A mirror of this mirror site seems unworkable due to the many pages hosted on this site and lack of interest in this site. I had in mind for this site to be an archive/inclusionist version of the main site, with users working to rewrite instead of delete pages (since oftentimes, as you can see from comparing this site to the main site, pages are deleted never to be rewritten again). It is also an answer to those who find the standards of the main sites too high, and perhaps have no talent but want to write anyways. It is also a last refuge for those who find themselves banned from both main sites who still want to write but are not able to fit in with the rules of the main sites regarding getting along with other users (since there is almost nobody here to argue with, and I don't give lectures on quality but tolerate junk that could be rewritten later, as long as there are at least two paragraphs that are not nonsense, and no cyberbullying is involved.
I do tolerate vanity here, with a VAIN template slapped on it, as several people seem to visit to contribute and add to the vanity pages. Mostly people from various schools, I think. I have not figured out how to upload stuff by url, usually I import pages from other wikis and the pictures just don't get imported when I do that since the files don't include them. I'll have to experiment with that another day.
It looks like Boobnoob has abandoned this site, so I think I will make you admin here, since I could use some help banning spambots. Just don't let it distract you too much from the work you do on en.uncyclopedia.co. Simsilikesims (talk) 23:59, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
- I see, thanks. A mirror of this site seems weird to me too but I think I was thinking more along the lines of moving it somewhere else - shoutwiki? Something to consider I think, since carlb's server has issues from time to time. And I'm already admin on six or so other wikis, so don't worry :) 22.214.171.124 16:11, 5 March 2014 (UTC)