8 Simple Rules
“"That show hasn't been the same since they killed off John Ritter."”
8 Simple Rules is about a married couple with three gremlin like creatures, set in a Detroit, Michigan suburb. The father, Paul Hennessy (John Ritter), is a drunkard with an explosive violent temper who was prompted by his wife Cate (Katey Sagal) to adopt 3 Mogwai and attempt to fatten them up, disguise them as dogs and sell them to developing countries as a rich source of protein. Much of the humour of the first series was derived from paul's failure to achieve this goal, mainly due to his extremely poor personal hygiene. Desperate for cash to fund her heroin addiction, Cate whores the Mogwai out to Furries with the following instructions:
- Do not leave the mogwai out in bright light
- No punching
- Keep the mogwai away from water
- No Biting
- Do not speak about the fight club
- Do not feed the mogwai after 12
- Do not eat the mogwai after 12
- Do not eat the mogwai
- Paul "fugly" Hennessy, Portrayed by John Ritter who tragically died from a marmite overdose during filming of he second series, fortunately his corpse was preserved with wax and the character returned to the show thanks to the help of an impersonator and the Jim Henson company.
- Cate "The Yellow Dart" Hennessey, Portrayed by Katey Segal, (and later Anthony Hopkins in drag) Strangely the character had no dialogue, and could only communicate via interpretive dance.
- Brian Blessed played a friend and fellow drunkard of Paul Hennessy, arguably the least popular character due to his extremely loud voice which caused many fans to become completely deaf. i like that boom boom pow there jacking my style