Beginner's Guide/Link text
|Beginner's Guide |
to Being an Uncyclopedian
|On Good Writing|
|On Good Behavior|
There are two primary ways to change link text such that it will lead to the article you want it to get to without having to generate a redirect page.
- Simple Changes: These are done when you want to add letters to the beginning or end of a link, including pluralizations and tense changes.
- Example: A link to the South Korea article for the words "South Koreans" can be obtained as follows:
- Example: A link to the Kitten article for the word "Kittens" can be obtained as follows:
- Complex changes Manual changes of link text to articles must be done as follows:
[[Article name|Link text here]]
- Example: So making a link to The Fonz appear as "Fonzes" is achieved by typing:
Simply put, be practical when redirecting pages. If you can make a link manually, it's often better than making an unnecessary redirect page.