FPU is an acronym. Noone really knows what it does, but it does it with arbitrary precision.WTF is it anyway, dont look here...
Floating Point Unit.
Old WRONG definition. Refers to the ability of this unit to miss the points in semen jokes.
Free Polish Union
Failing Pentium Unit
Fucks Per Unit (Cycle)
Measurement in sex. Normally described in "sex-minutes". Any number over 800 is not recommended by accredited sex physisists. Industrial lube required for bypassing the theoretical 7,000,000 FPU limit.
Top Ten New Intel Slogans For The Pentium
- 9.9999973251 It's a FLAW, Dammit, not a Bug
- 8.9999163362 It's Close Enough, We Say So
- 7.9999414610 Nearly 300 Correct Opcodes
- 6.9999831538 You Don't Need to Know What's Inside
- 5.9999835137 Redefining the PC -- and Mathematics As Well
- 4.9999999021 We Fixed It, Really
- 3.9998245917 Division Considered Harmful
- 2.9991523619 Why Do You Think They Call It *Floating* Point?
- 1.9999103517 We're Looking for a Few Good Flaws
- 0.9999999998 The Errata Inside