January 18: Wenns Day (aka Humping Day) (Earth)
David Beckham in traditional pose.
- 1610 - God divinely inspires Sidney Trammell; Trammell doesn't notice for another two years.
- 1778 - James Cook is the first known European to discover the "Sandwich Islands", which are later renamed the "Tuna Sandwich Islands", then "Tuna Sandwich with Chips Islands", "Tuna Sandwich with Chips and a Drink (no ice) Islands", and "Japan's Target Islands" before they eventually became the "Hawaiian Islands".
- 1952 - The first issue of Mad Magazine is thrown in the garbage by your mom.
- 1990 - The Humpty Dance is the #1 song in America. Depressing, eh?
- 1991 - Bill Clinton holds a conference about creating a uniting Europe and Asia in to the Nation of Eurasia.
- 1996 - The Spice Girls declare their hatred for the West.
- 2000 - David Beckham is transformed from human being into a brand.
- 2008 - Cloverfield hits theaters across America, unfortunately for New York the movie was based on a true story.