Maccabi Tel Aviv is an Israeli basketball team. It's the most loved team in Israel, including Hapoel Beit She'an and F.C. Jaljulia. It's also one of the most notorious teams in Israel, thanks to the fact that they never won a single Israeli title, while in the same time winning the European final for 15 times in a row (1999-2004).
Meaning of the name
"Maccabi" is a nickname given to the Jewish warriors that fought in the Bible era against the notorious "English bus drivers" gang members. The gang wished to inforce a daylybased bus drive on every Jew, what was unacceptable by the rules and commendmands of the book of Netanyahu. The movement called itself "Maccabi" in order to, as a Scottish cab driver union, distinguish itself from the EBD gang. that name, 50,004 light yers later, was addapted by the proud Israely team from Tel Aviv, and also by an Israeli Sickness maintenance organization and An Isaerli bear that is Tzofit Grant's (an Israely sex icon) favourate drink.
- Europe championship: 288 (0000, 0002-0272, 1670, 1951, 1969-2004)
- Cocobeach cup: 1 (1999)
- Israeli Championship: 0.0 (-)
- Israeli cup finalist: 45.0 (1969-2004)
- Israeli Gvia Hatoto cup (league cup): 0.0 (-)
- Losts to Hapoel Tel Aviv: 498002301.05 (פחחחחחחח)
- Gur Shellef
- Pinni Gershon
- In the openning game of the 2004-2005 season, Maccabi lost 00:198 to the Chicago Bulls, the biggest lost ever of an European team to a NBA team, in an European stadium and also out of Europe. The Bulls playd with their strongest players, including Stephen Hawking.
- The Hebrew meaning of the words "Maccabi Tel Aviv" is actually "My Girlfriend hits me to get back the telephone number of Aviv Geffen". This quote belongs to Maccabi's coach, Pinni Gershon, Who's girlfriend is a bit younger then him (not more than a millenniumm or so).