Today's Featured Article - Ceiling Cat
Yesterday's Featured Article -
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.3.2: Warning: No results.
Did you know...
- ...that in Israel, chess sets contain rabbis rather than bishops? (pictured)*...that the American Civil War was actually marked by many instances of uncivil behavior?
- ...that babies explode when you put them in the microwave?
- ...that the first use of "LOL" is in Shakespeare's play, As You Like It, and that the first use of "OMG" may be found in Macbeth?
- ...that Wikipedia features DYKs about mosaic floors that were discovered between 1932 and 1939?
- ... that when a suicide bomber dies and goes to paradise, he is given 72 virgins?
- ...that air is a fictional substance that was once believed to fill the space above the surface of the Earth? While this "air theory" was once used to explain various phenomena, air theory, at last refuted, has joined the gene, the atom, Antarctica, and the free lunch in a long list of scientific red herrings.
In the news
On this day...
May 27:, National Homicide Day
- 2 - World's first homosexual celebrates his 40th birthday by helping create The Church of Tyra.
- 1032 - In England, first "Knocke, Knocke: whoeth art there?" joke performed in public.
- 1703 - Tsar Peter the Great, retitled Tsar Peter the "Meh, Okay".
- 1895 - Oscar Wilde is sent to prison, then released when the hamster never pressed charges.
- 1927 - Researchers in America discover 8th colour of the rainbow; call it 'onion'.
- 1931 - Jesus Christ considers performing the second coming; decides he'd rather get Taco Bell and watch porn.
- 1936 - Freddy Krueger kills himself in his own dreams accidentally. He reincarnates the same day for no reason as Walt Disney.
- 1937 - J.R.R Tolkien commences work on the majestic 'The Matrix: Revolutions'.
- 1947 - Mexico Space Program launches first rocket powered by jumping beans.
- 1955 - J. Edgar Hoover wins the New York Marathon dressed in a tutu.
- 1963 - The Beatles kick Joseph Stalin out of the band. He quickly composes "Back in the USSR" as a mild revenge.
- 1969 - Hippies collect signatures to forbid showers. "They are so concentration camp" is their argument.
- 1974 - Jimi Hendrix makes love to his guitar on stage. He is promptly taken to a hospital where he dies of severe penis shredding.
- 1977 - A small visitor's center opens inside Space Mountain, with its line causing one of the biggest humanitarian disasters of today.
- 1985 - Ronald Reagan sets a new high score for Pac-Man, humiliating former champion Mikhael Gorbachev.
- 1989 - Lenin is sighted in Nebraska.
- 2006 - Midsummer village now has NO MORE PEOPLE TO MURDER
- 2006 - The Vatican, Luxembourg, Malta and Fiji form the Small Countries Alliance - the most dangerous set of allies since the Axis. Together, they have a total population of 800 and double that in nuclear bombs.
Now you only have 4, yes 4 days to nominate and vote for Writer of the Month
, Noob of the Month
and Uncyclopedian of the Month
, GET VOTING!!
Uncyclopedia's sista projects
|Uncyclopedia is hosted by the Uncyclomedia Foundation, a non-profitable organization that also hosts a range of other projects.
|46,143 articles. Uncyclopedias are being written in many languages:
The original Uncyclopedia, started in 2005, currently contains just under 30,000 articles. This mirror Uncyclopedia contains |
Protected by the Fair Use Clause, and an elite clan of Clinjas.