March 22: Water Day
- 3400 BC - Citizens of Atlantis become so enamored with water that they decide to sink their island into the sea, which is principally composed of water.
- 1745 - Water day is officially recognized by fish for the first time; when asked why fish officials reply, "for the halibut."
- 1894 - Using "frozen water", the first playoff game for the Stanley Cup starts.
- 1941 - The state of Washington enslaves water to generate electricity using the Grand Coulee Dam.
- 1997 - Tara Lipinski, age 14 years and 10 months, becomes the youngest champion of the women's world frozen water walking competition.
- 1999 - Oprah drinks water on her show. Water sales triple among women.
- 2005 - Water invades New Orleans, Congress declares war on water.
- 2008 - Four year old Amanda Dinkleschmidt celebrates water day by giving her goldfish some water.