A Soundgarden is a large expance of grass notable for its emission of transparent audible waves. It is also the name of a progressive rock/folk fusion superhero ensemble, whose current roster consists of Del Boner aka Captain America, Sverrir aka Spoonman.
- 1 History
- 2 Notable Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Compilations
Founded in 1894, by Sverrir, the band has been through several incarnations through the decades, each one adding to the awe-inspiring mythos of Soundgarden.
The first Soundgarden was a Mozart cover band, barely making ends meet playing bar mitzvahs, weddings and death cult mass suicides. Their following was small, but loyal--rabidly loyal. Literally, their music was known to cause rabies in small animals, young children and statues of the Virgin Mary. Adolf Hitler was one victim of their musical rabies. Barney was another.
This incarnation fell into obscurity, it's members slowly dying off one by one by natural causes in their old age--the most shameful and horrific death imaginable for rock musicians. Its also been known that during the birth of grunge. The God of music masturbated during an eclipse and ejaculated a flock of doves. These doves then materialized into soundgarden which is the name of their birth place, called the garden of sound. These demi gods used their powers, to right a tribute song to their father; which was called black hole sun.
Del Boner, young, patriotic American musician, in an effort to serve his country, volunteered to be the test subject for an experimental "Super Soldier Serum". American scientists, hoping to capitalize upon their success with Oprah Winfrey envisioned creating a squad of soldiers who could work together to in the fight for Truth, Justice, and the American Way.
The serum was a smashing success, and Soundgarden, Super Squad was reborn. This process was aptly described as a birth ritual in their terrorizing television pilot, also called "Birth Ritual." During the 1940's, the band went into underground, helping the Allies defeat Hitler by working incognito, giving high-ranking Axis officers rabies. This explains Hitler's alleged bouts of irrational behavior and borderline psychosis at the end of the Third Reich. Apart from this, The Band mostly spent their spare time playing Pacman and Mario Kart.
Cold War Soundgarden
The Cold War was a difficult time for Soundgarden. Without a definite, concrete foe to focus their Rock 'n' Roll rage upon, the group fell to fighting amongst themselves, huffing kittens, tearing each other apart, and infecting each other with rabies. Finally, because of their spreading of rabies the band was frozen in ice at the north pole by Captain Planet (really Ted Turner in disguise), hoping for them to never be reawakened again, until...
Hostile Aliens, seeking a way to dominate the earth, discovered the frozen heroes in their secluded iceberg getaway. Recognizing the value in their genetic material, the heroes were cloned, forming the Evil superband Abba. The other superpowered bands, though monumentally weaker than Dark Soundgarden A.K.A. Abba, were able to team-up together to destroy them, before they, and their Dark Power of Disco were able to melt the brains of the entire world.
Desert Shield Soundgarden
The world did indeed have need for the awesome powers of Soundgarden. Facing an unknown foe in Saddam Hussein, Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr. concocted a plan to hunt, find and revive the now nearly-forgotten American heroes. Though it took years of painstaking searching, Marine officer Oliver North searched until he found them, successfully reviving all members of the band--except Bucky, because everyone felt he was kinda useless.
Return to Form
Recently the band decided to go back to a Mozart cover band and added some of the Jazz band The Ramones songs to their list of songs and playing mostly in their home country of Australia near Mount Doom (a very popular place to go in Australia).
- Kermit the Frog A.K.A. Aquaman. Drummer, backup vocals, lyricist and pig lover.
- Larry Mullen Jr. A.K.A. Bucky: Sidekick to Captain America.
- Hiro Nakamura A.K.A. Hiro Yamamoto. Time-traveling bassist.
- Osama Bin Laden A.K.A. Kim Thayil. Guitar player, muslim, world renowned terrorist, recently found in 2009 in Seattle after hiding from the world for 12 years and disappearing in 1997.
Screaming Wife / Fapp (1987)
1. Dog The Bounty Hunter (Theme Song)
2. Where's The Exit?!
3. I Hurt Myself To Feel
5. Little Willie
6. Banned By God From The Forum Of Life
7. Kingdom Of Cum
8. Swallow My "Fry"
10. Fapp (XXX Mix)
Pretty Bad (1988)
1. Every Rose Has It's Thorn (Poison cover)
2. Richard Nixon
4. Beyond The Wheelchair
6. Mood For Trouble
7. Circle Jerk
8. Yes, He Did
10. Nazi Zombies
11. Blunt Force Head Injury From The Neck Of Kim Thayil's Guitar
12. Yes, The Mace Is Quite Incessant, Isn't It?
13. Silent, But Deadly
Quieter Than Fuck (1989)
1. I Slept With Your Wife
2. Quigley Down Under
4. I Ain't Trippin', G! (This Coke Is The Shit)
5. Snakes On A Plane
6. Full On Jeffrey's Oreo's
7. Huh? Love? What? I Can't Hear You...
8. I Asleep (No Wakey)
9. Nothing At All (Heart cover)
10. Full Frontal
11. Big, Dumb & Sweaty
12. More Oreo's! (Reprise)
Badmotherfucker / M&Ms (1991 - 1992)
1. Lime-A-Way, And The Rust Is Gone!
2. Nickelback Sucks!
3. Holocausts & Bulldozers
5. Only You Can Stop Pollution
6. Everywhere (Tim McGraw Cover)
7. Things Look A Whole Lot Clearer With My Bad Eye Shut
8. Show A Thousand Seasons Long
10. Attracting Various Kinds Of Insects With My Unique Lifestyle
11. Blood In The Water
12. No Damage Cheat (YES!)
Included On The Complimentary 1992 M&Ms EP:
13. Into The "Void" (Black Sabbath cover)
14. Girl U Want 2 Fukk (2 Live Crew cover)
15. Gay Scat Blues (Queen cover)
16. Monica Lewinski (Feat. Bill Clinton)
17. Holocausts & Bulldozers (Live in Berlin, 1989)
1. Please, God, Don't Let Me Drown!
2. I Don't Want To Go Surfing, Either
3. Accident Prone
4. Mailman Bites Dog
6. Chin Up!
7. Black Hole In The O-Zone Layer (We Gonna Die!)
8. Spoon, Fork, And Knife Man
9. Destruction Derby (Game Soundtrack)
10. The Day I Tried To Kill Myself
11. One Legged Man In A Sack Race
12. Plants & Angiosperms (Go Green)
13. 14th Of February
15. This Is So Unlike Suicide, It's Not Even Funny...
Up On The Downside (1996)
1. You Know, This Rope Turns Me On...
2. Rhinopterodactylsaurous Rex
3. My Hero Zero
4. We Let Moby Remix This One, So We Changed The Title To Preserve Our Dignity
5. Corn On The Cobb
6. Blow The Outside World
7. Burden In The Anchor On My Arm From This Tumor In My Head That Left Me In The Dark
8. [Insert Title Here]
9. Suck A Lemon
10. Rage Against The Machine, Forever!
11. It... Just... Keeps... GETTING... TIGHTER!!!]
13. Oh Noes! I Open Teh Switch! What Do W3 D0!!1
14. Floater In The Commode
15. A Kind Of Magic (Queen cover)
Noah's Ark (2012)
1. Left The Bengay On Too Long
2. Non-State Election
4. Four Score & Seven Years Ago
5. Blood On The Bathroom Floor
6. Bones In My Chicken (Fuck You Too, KFC!)
8. Poverty & Famine (Feat. U2)
9. Black Friday Sale At Kohls!
10. No, We're Not There Yet (So Shut Up Before I Shut You Up, Myself!)
11. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
12. Pink Eye
13. Row, Row, Row Your Boat
A-Sides We Compiled For Drug Money (1997)
1 - 16. Various shit from the previous 6 CDs
17. Sleep Together (Up On The Downside outtake)
Telephone Orgasm (2010)
1 - 12. Same old shit...
Highly revered at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival, and packaged exclusively with the special edition release of Telephone Orgasm, watch as all four members of Soundgarden embark on a gay romantic riverboat cruise in the Indian Ocean, between banned alternate takes on some of their most popular music videos. Including the never before seen "Black Rob Is My All Time Favorite Artist Ever".