The Trans Am was an automobile developed in 1968 by a secret U.S. Government program to make the mostest bitchin' car ever.
It was superior to Ford's Mustang, no one dared called them on it fearing retribution from Hell, I mean Ford. The first Pontiac Trans Am was crafted out of pure hate and evil from the fires of Mordor in the buttcrack of Mount Doom, just like the Ford Pinto half a decade before. Although many suggest that the first Trans Am was built as early as 1967, any pre-1977 Trans Am is a figment of your imagination and is the result of a contact high from spending too much time with someone who's been huffing kittens or listening to The Doors. This is proven by the following theorem: I mean, honestly, come on? When was the last time you saw one?
- Smokey & The Bandit (1977)
- Smokey & The Bandit II: Electric Transaloo (1979)
- Smokey & The Bandit III (1981)
- Smokey & The Bandit 64 (1995)
- Bandit: Up In Smoke (1521)
- Knight Riders On The Storm (1971)
- Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)
A Picture of Bob Dole
Were You Aware?
- The multi-spoke wheels are known in car enthusiast circles as "snowflakes." Remember the dolphin from Ace Ventura? Me neither.
- The 400 cubic inch, 180 horsepower Oldsmobile engine used in the car was later modified slightly and sold to 5 year old girls as the Easy Bake Oven. Incidently they were much more useful in this incarnation
- Frank Zappa's love for his Trans Am was the inspiration for his ballad "Why Does It Hurt When I Pee."