Because discussion pages are over-rated
Haven't added anymore because I can't speak the languages --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 15:24, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
I plan to start the translation of fr:Réussir son entretien d'embauche as an exercise to improve my english (so far I've done it the easy way, english->french). When I'm finished I will need it to be pee-rewieved by a native English speaker. --PiRK 22:48, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Sure no problem, we have some excellent reviewers. Good luck! --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 22:53, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Haha, btw, that article is very very good. Can't wait to see how it comes out :) --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 01:17, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Is it possible to put the links to the original article here as well ? Or if the attempt at translating is to go ahead should there be like an international pee area ?? Just in case two or more writers decide to work on the same article unaware that others are doing the same job.--RomArtus Imperator(talk). 13:07, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, good point Romartus, I was just doing that as you mentioned it actually, it was quite tricky when I was translating last night, what with all the page-hopping, but I was too tired to update it. 10 mins and all the links will be there. --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 13:11, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
Look Mum! I'm on the Internet!
- Didn't include a specific "--- Mum!" in the location title because while I think "Look Mum!" has a better ring, some might prefer "Hello Mum!" or "Hey Mum!", so that's open to discussion. "MUM" or "MOM" is NOT up to discussion ;). --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 17:56, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- This one is quite bad at the moment, it's difficult to get the rhythm and word choice right for the into in particular. Anyone? --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 10:17, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, this article have a really difficult grammar for any other language speaking dude. I'm the author of this article, and I remember I have some much problems with the syntax, but for my luck DJ Nietzsche (The author of Let Someone Else Do It) helped me a lot with that problem.----18.104.22.168 03:06, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
Accidents Caused by Human Stupidity
- Keeping the Homer Simpson quote because it's funny.
Jew-Jitsu" - Original Language: Spanish.
- That just has to be sent to RabbiTechno if he wants to translate it ! --RomArtus Imperator(talk). 13:11, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll do it. But I'll need help with the english grammar and spelling.---Asteroid B612 (aka Rataube) - Ñ 09:40, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
The Deadly Joke
- Changed name, made the joke more British.
- That reminds me of the old Monty Python sketch about a joke so dangerous that it could kill you. The idea would have to be somehow advanced to improve on that . --RomArtus Imperator(talk). 13:03, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yes except the content and media is somewhat different and I'm not against recycling the concept for a new generation. I don't think that many Uncyclopedians will be completely familar with the original joke. Any suggestions on how to improve upon it? --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 13:09, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Got started with it, changed a few things.
How to be Romantic
"How to be Romantic" is precisely what I wanted to say :-) I just couldn't think of non-standard translations. Praetorian 17:40, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- It looks really good, kudos for the work put in. Just wish I could understand it better ;) --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 17:59, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
50% done. You can start helping to improve what is already translated, especially some points that have to be changed because only french can understand them (French TV stars, French book publishers...). --PiRK 06:15, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Nice, I'll comb through it later :) --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 10:04, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hey PiRK, I don't suppose you could include the original link in the "Overview" section to the French page as well could you? --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 13:47, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- I guess I'm pretty much finished. I need the second half to be reviewed like the first one (thx again Siddhartha-Wolf). I'm just not sure about the title, what do you think would be the best translation ? Job interview? HowTo:Perform a decent job interview? Any better idea? --PiRK 01:29, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- I swept through once and corrected all errors I could see. What I may do now is go through again and "Anglify" it a bit, make it read more naturally in English (not the content, the content is good, I mean the way it is written at times). Hope this is ok? --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 11:00, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- Also, I would put it under "HowTo:Perform a decent Job Interview", that's better :) --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 11:12, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- Please go ahead. I thank you for your help.
- Translating to english was actually harder than I thought it would be, so I hope it won't be more work for you to "Anglify" it than it was for me to do the first pass of the translation ;) --PiRK 21:58, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
HowTo:Pass a Calculus Exam Without Thinking Too Much
Useful Phrases for Angry Ad Viewers
- Google Translate isn't as, um, efficient as I thought it might be... However at least half of the jokes are still clear, so it just needs a (massive) tidy up and the substitution of some of the more specific Hungarian ads to US, Aussie and UK versions.
- Also I fucked up the table in the translation stage so I'll have to fix that too...
- Shall translate every phrase individually from now on, since I think Mass Translate tends to merge different cells together and mess up the translation a bit. --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 12:41, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- what prank? RaymondAK-47 ╬ talk - Over my dead, partly decomposed, raped body! 10:05, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- He refused to give his prize for the last Eurovision to Rybak. — Praetorian the Glorious Strategist. 11:18, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- What a dick. good thing he's dead... RaymondAK-47 ╬ talk - Over my dead, partly decomposed, raped body! 18:01, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
As illustrations etc are integral to many of the articles , how are those going to be included in an article . In other words for a translator , do they just download them from the other uncyclopedias or will they have to register first ?? --RomArtus Imperator(talk). 13:58, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Actually I'm being quite liberal with the translations so far. If there is a section that definitely translates well into English, I go with it, otherwise I try and come up with something that suits
are our style more. The same goes for pictures, I'll download/re-upload a pic if I feel it translates well and is funny enough (but no registration is required for this) otherwise I'll just come up with an alternative image. --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 14:05, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Some of the historical ones are of interest on the list (Garibaldi..where are the biscuits ?) and Galileo to name just two. Hope there is enough in these articles that can be rewired into english to keep the spirit of the translation process. ----RomArtus Imperator(talk). 20:12, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah I thought the historical ones were interesting too, Genghis Khan is one I'd quite like to do. There are others though, I actually quite like the idea of writing some of the ones that don't necessarily fall into the category of "English/American humour" too... --El Sid, the lazy one • parlez-vous franglais? 20:30, 15 August 2009 (UTC)