User:Electrified mocha chinchilla/Admins lip
|Beginner's Guide |
to Being an Uncyclopedian
|On Good Writing|
|On Good Behavior|
While you may be a brilliant writer, having contributed several cleanly written articles, your contributions do not excuse your conduct. If you have beef with an admin (i.e. the deletion of your tasty new page, or rollback of freshly grated additions), take it up with the admin on his or her talk page, through the chat, or in the Uncyclopedia:Village Dump. Do not use Edit Summaries to editorialize, or create pages solely for the purpose of flaming an admin. Bear the following in mind when addressing an administrator:
- Do not editorialize on how this site should be run, nor how much of a failure an admin is. Personal attacks and irrelevant criticism are not appropriate.
- Most of our admins are silly, don't be offended if they're less than formal with you.
- Don't make it political. We don't want to mince words with you about how much you hate Liberals/Conservatives/Terri Schiavo/Kittens. If the admin you're dealing with happens to hold a certain philosophy, don't go about making a spectacle of it. It's irrelevant and may result in two year bans.
- Don't beg/whine/offer your family (exception for last in cases of extreme gratitude). If an admin says "No", it means no. This behavior does absolutely nothing to garner sympathy, and serves only to irritate the admin you're addressing. Honest sincerity is your best policy.
- Most importantly, posting is a privilege, not a right.
- Lastly, and truly most importantly: