Uncyclopedia is, simply put, a wiki dedicated to satire and other forms of humor through parodying Wikipedia and other encyclopedias, often with inaccurate, distorted, or blatantly false information.
- Uncyclopedia is not Wikipedia. We are nothing like Wikipedia. Some may argue that we are the "opposite" of Wikipedia. Uncyclopedia has an entirely different agenda from Wikipedia, one which aims for humor. Aside from this, one of the biggest contrasts between Uncyclopedia and Wikipedia is that Uncyclopedia is looser when it comes to rules, unlike the tight virgins at Wikipedia.
- Uncyclopedia is not a blog, social networking site, dating site, or image hosting site. We're not interested in hooking users up, hosting your images or blog(s), or creating friendships. Even though this is commonly stressed, sometimes it still happens unintentionally. We do however emphasize on creating a user-friendly atmosphere and promoting civility among users. This too is stressed, but it doesn't always happen.
- Uncyclopedia is not professional. We do not consider ourselves to be professionals when it comes to satire (UnNews is not The Onion). We do not pay users (with the exception of the Poo Lit Surprise competition) to contribute, and we will never ask you for money. Wikia, the site that hosts Uncyclopedia and many other
unimportant splendid wikis may, and we do encourage you to donate to them or any of these wonderful charities.
- Uncyclopedia is not meant to be persuasive. We're not here to make a point. We don't support any political parties or causes. Uncyclopedia employs a satirical point of view (or SPOV). Additionally, any opinion expressed on Uncyclopedia by a user is not endorsed by the community.
- Uncyclopedia is not a totalitarian regime with weapons of mass destruction. Our administrators are not infallible, and in a majority of cases you are urged to employ common sense and your own morality over Uncyclopedia guidelines (which are also not indefinite, though many rules on Uncyclopedia are basic common sense). Also, we do not have weapons of mass destruction yet.
- Uncyclopedia is not a bureaucracy. Rules on Uncyclopedia exist to maintain some order and stability. Some argue that the presence of rules on a website which is dedicated to humor is "bureaucratic" or "Wikipedia-like". These people are asshats and should be ostracized from the Uncyclopedia community based on sub-section 12 in paragraph 9 of chapter 42 in the "Uncyclopedia Rules & Procedures For Ostracizing Infidels".
- Uncyclopedia is not censored. Because of this, Uncyclopedia may contain content that some readers consider objectionable or offensive. Obviously, there are exceptions to this. Pornographic and shock images, hateful articles, and other material deemed inappropriate or unfunny will not be tolerated.
- ↑ Because they own our lives.