Hello, CeilingCatFan, and thanks for joining Uncyclopedia! Before editing further, please take a gander at our Beginner's Guide. Or, since this is the mirror version of the site, you may view the alternate version of the Beginner's Guide. If you want to find out more about Uncyclopedia or need more help with something, check out the following pages:
- About Uncyclopedia and The five pliers of Uncyclopedia
- Help Pages - if you need help with a specific issue
Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date.
Differences from the Main Sites
Some quick differences from the two main sites:
- Vanity pages are permitted here, but not at the two main sites.
- Endless, stupid lists are permitted here, but not at the two main sites. However, please free to make the lists less stupid, or better yet, rewrite them as paragraphs.
- Votes for Deletion is not used here.
- Pages from the main sites that were deleted there, do not automatically get deleted here.
- Votes for Highlight (ie featured articles) is not used here.
- The forum pages are not active.
- You will not usually get banned for making the same mistakes repeatedly, especially concerning sucky writing.
- Sockpuppets do not automatically get banned here, unless they make the same mistake as their original account that was banned here did. Unless they are sockpuppets of major vandals.
- Banned users here may still post on talk pages as IP's without incurring a ban, due to the above. Trolling on talk pages will however, sooner or later get you banned, depending when someone actually visits the page next.
- If you are banned on the main sites, you may still post here as long as you aren't a spammer, vandal or a blanker on this site.
- Image galleries are permitted, unlike the main sites (with a few exceptions).
- This site is hosted in Canada so is not subject to the same rules as US-hosted sites regarding copyright take-down notices.
- The web host of this site is MUCH harder to contact than on the main sites.
- This site tends to be offline more often than the main sites.
- You may have to put a ? after the page url to see changes you made to the page.
Similarities to the Main Sites
- Cyberbullying is forbidden. This includes putting your classmates names in articles, which will be reverted by an admin or the classmate, depending who noticed it first. This also includes writing negatively about your classmates.
- Posting personally identifying information of real-life people is forbidden.
- Posting personally identifying information of real-life pets is not forbidden, but may get you made fun of.
- Short stub articles are likely to get deleted on sight. (In other words, anything less than 4 paragraphs with no headers and images.)
- You are likely to find something here that offends you, if you look hard enough. That is not an excuse to blank pages.
- You are likely to find something here that you think sucks, eventually. That is not an excuse to blank pages. (On the main sites, take it to Votes for Deletion, on this mirror site, please post on an admin's talk page.)
- Blanking pages will usually get you banned.
- Copying and pasting mass articles from Wikipedia will get you banned. Even if you use multiple IP's to do it.
- Censoring pages is likely to be undone by the next editor after you.
- Collaborating with other editors is encouraged.
- Writing funny articles is encouraged.
- Writing unfunny or incomplete articles may get them moved to your userspace, with an accompanying note on your talk page.
- Posting spam pages/commercial spam will get you banned and/or your product/service mocked.
- Advocating atrocities, genocide, or criminal acts in an unfunny way is likely to get you banned sooner or later, depending on when an active admin notices.
If you need help, feel free to ask me on my talk page, ask at the community forum at the main site or in the chatroom, or ask an administrator on their talk page. Additionally, our Adopt-a-Noob program on the main site can bring experienced editors straight to you. Our main site is at http://en.uncyclopedia.co though there is still an actively maintained site at uncyclopedia.wikia.com. Simply leave a message on an adopter's talkpage to join. I hope you enjoy editing here and being an Uncyclopedian! Simsilikesims (talk) 02:02, 9 November 2017 (UTC) Obviously, this place attracts a lot of immature people, who apparently cannot tell the difference between humor and vandalism. For your recent diligent work in reverting vandalism, I am promoting you to admin (since I am too busy currently to monitor the site like it needs to be monitored). Please don't go delete-happy on me. Simsilikesims (talk) 02:02, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
- Also, this user admitted to being Bambifan101, a long-term vandal at both Wikipedia and the main site. It turns out there's still some vandalism leftover from him. I'm going to revert it. MrN9000 (talk) 00:17, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
03:40, 2 September 2019 (UTC)03:40, 2 September 2019 (UTC)03:40, 2 September 2019 (UTC)03:40, 2 September 2019 (UTC)03:40, 2 September 2019 (UTC)03:40, 2 September 2019 (UTC)03:40, 2 September 2019 (UTC)03:40, 2 September 2019 (UTC)03:40, 2 September 2019 (UTC)03:40, 2 September 2019 (UTC)03:40, 2 September 2019 (UTC)~