For earlier discussions, see User_talk:JohnnyRaven/archive1.
Thanks for your help with Map, and I mean that in a sincere way, not my usual smart ass way. -User:Claudius Prime
Hey, thank you for writing it! I'd throw it on VFH even, but I suspect you haven't quite finished with it yet, and now wouldn't be the ideal time for me to do that anyway. (Also, sorry about the Copernicus gag - sorry, I guess I just think exploding bombs are automatically funny.)15:30, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC) Also, I've got to figure out how to move these sig images down some more.
The Proper Place...?
Background: On January 2, 2006, Nerd42 was given Uncyclopedia's Useless Gobshite of the Month "award." He then complained publicly about being "hated," followed (predictably) by several users responding to explain, in great detail, why he received the "award."
- er ... wait a minute, what just happened? if that is so then why was it me in particular?? seems like the whole site is mad at me over defending Reasons to become an atheist and attacking Reasons not to be a devout Christian so if JR was originally joking, it turned into something pretty serious as other people seem to agree with him seriously! And since when did I get into the "harrassing people club"? I'm nice! :( 22:19, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Who said I was originally joking about anything? Of course people here are mad at you, hopefully more so than they're mad at me, but hey, whatever - I'm not the one who wants to be pals with these people. But still, as far as I'm concerned, this could all be over in five minutes. You know what you have to do - two lines out of one article and we're bestest buddies, at least until you put them back. After all, we're both Christians, right? I'll even apologize if you want, not that I have any idea where the fuck to do that at this point. But don't bother telling me or anyone else that you're "nice." This is a wiki; perception is everything. --Jean-Pierre X.Y.Z. Ravenne 22:27, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- My advice (and you can ignore it) is that everyone just needs to chill. At the moment all of this has been slightly funny, but the space between funny and nasty is easily crossed. We're all here to make funny....so if everyone avoided articles that may be potentially explosive I think all this will just phizz out. You both contribute bucketfuls of funny, lets get back to that.... :) --
- I appreciate what you're trying to do, Mhaille, but I actually disagree with everything you're saying. Including the last bit - Prior to New Year's Day, I hadn't contributed jack for three weeks. And the only things I really contributed on New Year's were retaliatory. I would chill, somewhat at least, but as you've seen people keep throwing it back in my face, and his too. I don't blame them, but it doesn't help, either. --Jean-Pierre X.Y.Z. Ravenne 22:46, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
(Mhaille unprotects User:Nerd42/sig, 22:49)
- Ah, you see? Now that was a nice gesture, unprotecting your .sig like that. I've even fixed it here for you! Didn't it make you feel good when that happened? Like maybe this place could be something more than some sort of weird power-fantasy-trip for a bunch of people you've never seen, met, or really know? And don't you wish more people would do things like that? And that maybe, just maybe, I would stop dropping such obvious hints? --Jean-Pierre X.Y.Z. Ravenne 23:04, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Agree with Mhaille 23:07, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
(Nerd42 reverts his sig template to the version not containing a reference to the UGotM award.)
- What did I say before about actions vs. words? Still applies now, just as it did before, and just as it always has throughout human history. (What's that, at least 7-8 weeks, I'd say.) As I recall, you also agreed with gwax a while back about something, too, for which that statement applies even more, I would think. --Jean-Pierre X.Y.Z. Ravenne 23:10, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Er, maybe we ought to all try and have fun with it instead of ... being like that? -- 23:12, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Being like what? Now you're making no sense. (Not that that should ever surprise me or anyone else...) -- 23:14, 5 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- having a sour attitude like you. to quote the immortal Arthur Dent, "How can anyone maintain a positive mental attitude when you're saying things like that?" -- 03:38, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- I don't have a sour attitude. I have a bright, sunny disposition! I think everything is all sweetness and light! The world is such a wonderful place, Nerd42, and all of us are so fortunate to be alive now, with all the wonderful things that are happening these days. So why is it, then, that people like you have to embarrass others by placing mean-spirited, hateful things on web sites that they don't even own? Can you not afford your own web site? You can get good hosting these days for only about $5 a month, I hear. And you'd never have to hear another critical utterance from anyone! Wouldn't life be perfect if you could just do that, instead of having to hang around this smelly, nasty dump of a place, where nobody understands you or even likes you, and they give you "awards" that are actually insults, and they treat you like you just don't belong, and tell you they don't like your work and you have no sense of humour? I actually think your work would be okay, even quite good, if it had just two teeny-weeny lines removed from it. You could prove to me, and everyone else here probably, that those two lines, one of which you didn't even write yourself, don't really mean all that much to you, and aren't somehow the core of your entire personal belief system. And then I could say to myself, "Why, that Nerd42, he really isn't such a bad guy after all! Maybe just a little misguided - had a bad month there! Maybe his goldfish died, and he just got a little upset." But nooooooo. I can't say that, can I?
- Well, can I? You tell me, big guy. You tell me. 03:48, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, I think Mr. Raven is joking. -- 14:08, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- As long as you think that, nothing changes, the situation continues, and you've gained absolutely zero. What's more, the window of opportunity is closing. They're probably going to put their fucking lame-ass "Darwin" image on the front page, purely out of spite against us both, and at that point all bets are off - and so are the gloves, I might add. Anyway, I've gotta go to work now. Call back when you're ready to deal. 14:30, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
[Note: At this point, Nerd42 makes several edits to his user page by adding links to his accounts on other wikis. - JR.]
- I see what you're doing there, Nerd42. That's good! You're getting into other wikis, where your religious intolerance and your politics and your absolute unwillingness to play nice with others aren't going to be such a problem. People will accept you and like you a lot more there, I'll wager, you'll have just as much fun if not LOTS more, and they might not even mind the templates, the redirects, the vandalism accusations, the occasional right-winginess even. Good show! 16:57, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
[At 17:50, "Reasons to become an atheist" is edited to remove one of the two lines I've objected to, by an anonymous user at IP address 184.108.40.206 - JR.]
- See that? It keeps happening, doesn't it? Sure, maybe I just drove up to northeastern South Dakota to get on a public computer to do that, after all it's only 5 hours from here. That's the sort of thing I would do, isn't it? Suuuurrrre. Well now, you can do what you always do and revert it, continuing this travesty, or you can join in on the fun, delete "Naughtyned's" equally stupid and hateful addition that you didn't even write, and the whole thing is over. Naturally I'll expect you to guard the new version to the same extent that you've been guarding the original, but I think you'll find that won't be quite so hard, actually. Your call, dude. 19:39, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- I love you. I'd give you a big ol' hug, but that might seem too creepy, given the... flamboyance of my sig.--Sir Flammable KUN (Na Naaaaa...) 23:23, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- I love you too, though I'm probably old enough to be your Dad, so that just makes the idea even creepier. But enough of that - there's still work to be done here! We must not boast; not, assuredly, give the slightest countenance to complacency. The dangers we face are still enormous, but so are our advantages and resources; I recount them because the people have a right to know that there are solid grounds for the confidence which we feel, and that we have good reason to believe ourselves capable, as I said (well, not really, I was just sort of thinking it) in a very dark hour one month ago, of continuing the flamewar "if necessary alone, if necessary for years."
Besides, does any of this mean we can all finally start editing "Aidepolcycnu" and have our brilliantly hilarious changes stick for more than 15 minutes? I don't think so, and until that day finally comes, we must remain
vigilantesvigilant. I fully expect reversion attempts on all of the latest "atheist" changes, including those made by you guys, and obviously the necrophiliacs are still in there anyway. Oh well! I've got to go off and keep Audrey Hepburn from getting huffed now. 01:10, 7 Jan 2006 (UTC)
The Knock on Darwin
- Correction - *I* am hoping to see my lame arse Darwin image on the front page. Regardless of your viewpoint you've got to admit (well probably not) that it IS funny. Though I prefer the first one I did in the series, which was.....[this one].... But thats just me. :) --
- You're right, I don't have to admit anything. I respect you a lot, Mhaille, but even if it were funny, that image wouldn't be there if it weren't for this incident, and it's not helping. Ask EvilZak - IMO he's your funniest guy; I'm sure he could come up with a vastly more creative way of torturing me for my principles than that. (And I know he's reading this page, too.) --Ravensworthy, J. 17:26, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- This is the sort of thing that belongs on that page. (Tried linking directly before, but forgot to check their hotlinking policy - sorry) There are dozens of them just on that same site that are all more comedically appropriate, and funnier both in and out of context. I know you can do better, Mhaille. You do it all the time.
- But either way, the image itself isn't what I'm going ballistic over, is it? 17:42, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- TBH, I don't know. You seem to be saying that I made that image to get at you in some way, or that there is some Cabal, of which I am part, this is looking to torture you for your principals. As far as I am aware, to coin a phrase, there is no cabal. As for EvilZak I don't think I have spoken to him, not sure I know any of his work, but the point is he's not "my funniest guy". If there is a conspiracy, its not one that I am knowingly part of.
Just for the record, the image came about when Dawg, Keitei and I were chatting on IRC, discussing several articles. Between us, on finding Reasons_to_become_an_atheist we came up with the idea for the image. Neither you nor anyone else was mentioned. Whether you choose to believe that is up to you. :) --
- Once again, for the zillionth, gajillionth, squillionth time, stop assuming that because I question your motives that I believe there is some sort of "conspiracy." Just read Dawg's shitlist page. He's the one who nominated the image; it's his way of getting back at me, not yours. You're just going along with it, like everyone else apparently. I don't blame you for "voting" for it; you uploaded it, after all. But it would be nice if people wouldn't do things like that, because it just invites retaliation, flaming, "sock puppetry," and everything else you'd probably prefer to avoid, if you were thinking beyond the next five minutes. And I know you can do that, Mhaille. I've got complete confidence in you, OK? Don't let me down. 18:14, 6 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- I wouldn't nominate an image to get back at you. I thought Mhaille's effort for the article was good and worthy of feature. Why do you always believe everything is about/against you? I didn't even think about you after that comment I made, I was told that you said something and I decided to add you to my newly founded list. I even mentioned this exact thing as one of the reasons I don't care for you. Not everything in the universe revolves around you (in fact, with your attitude, I'm sure nothing revolves around you willingly). Have fun. 20:24, 7 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Prove it. Withdraw the nomination (it has several votes against it anyway), remove the line about necrophiliacs from the atheist article, huff my "version," and drop the fucking issue. You're the ones keeping it alive now, not me. This is my talk page, I didn't start this conversation, and I'm getting a little tired of you telling me what my motivations are. I don't believe "everything" is about/against me, I just suspect that this particular action is. Don't you think I have some grounds for thinking that? Let's just look at the timeline, shall we?
1/1 20:47: "Rldsrb" template added to atheist article by JR
1/2 11:50: "Rldsrb" template removed/deleted by Dawg (comment: "Hate is not humor" - so why did the page even exist in the first place?)
Dawg, 1/2, 11:51: "Where on earth did these flaming atheist bigots come from?" "...you're a sad excuse for an individual..." "I am removing what appears to be a factual hate-based template..."
Keitei 1/2, 13:11: "So I think this article has the potential to be very funny if the anti-atheism is toned down a bit. Some of these lines are clearly making fun of it and would never pass for trying to convince someone to be an atheist at all. So I'm going to go through and see if I can remove that tone a little and I might remove a few lines. Please read through and consider before you decide whether or not to revert. Thanks."
[Note: Lines equating atheism with homosexuality, and suggesting that atheists should sell their "loved ones'" remains to necrophiliacs, were left in place, though these were clearly known to be the ones JR objected to and continues to object to, though the former line has been removed (anonymously). Latter is still there as of this writing. - JR]
1/2 13:29: DarwinBeer.jpg uploaded by Mhaille
1/2 14:52: DarwinBeer.jpg nominated for VFD by Dawg
1/2 18:55: JR's excessively lengthy response to Dawg's insults posted at 11:51
1/2 19:00: JR banned by Keitei for "excessive commenting" on VFD
Judging by this, Dawg, are you sure you gave yourself enough time to "cool off" after calling me those things? Three hours... I think the minimum here is four, isn't it? Thing is, I don't know which is worse - you trying to torture me by nominating that image, or you not even considering the ramifications (personal or otherwise) of nominating it before you did. I actually think the latter is worse, but hey, that's just my opinion.
Either way, you have the power to end this, right now, all clean and nice, without another peep from me (until the reversions start up), and you're not using it. I don't care if it's not personal; that's how I'm going to take it until you prove otherwise. Words are not enough, Dawg. As it says a few inches above here, this is a wiki, and perception is everything.
21:39, 7 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Disappointed Not to make the Shit List
In an effort to convey my disappointment of not making the list (EVEN TODD DID!!!!!ELEVEN) I've taken it upon myself to assist.... :) --
You know what
Sorry, K, I'm not avoiding that out of personal disdain or anything; I just have too much stuff on this LAN that I can't afford to expose (by unblocking the IRC port on the firewall(s), etc.). I'd probably have to turn off the other machines, which isn't a particularly good thing for me to be doing. Still, I'll look into it; I'm just being paranoid mostly - but it'll take me some time (I don't even have an IRC client installed on any machine I own - wanna recommend one? The last one I used was mIRC, I think). In the meantime, I'll put the GMail account back in my user preferences, if that helps. But why not discuss it here, anyway? Frankly I'm not sure why you all aren't just ignoring me at this point - like I say, I didn't start this conversation, it's distracting and time-consuming, and it's not like I can stop you from doing whatever it is you wanna do. (Can I?) Ravensworthy, J. 23:20, 7 Jan 2006 (UTC)--
- I downloaded Trillian, which has the option for IRC. Pretty nifty too. Not that I want to talk to you, bumhole. --
- Wow, that's a lame excuse. You're already surfing the 'net and exposing yourself that way. There's a link to a web-based client, if you're interested. 23:42, 7 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- No it's not; there's more than one machine here, and it's the times I'm not surfing the net (actively) that I'm worried about. But I can just keep opening and closing the port, I suppose. Anyway, fine - just give me another hour or so (but I've got a dinner date, too, so we might have to do this tomorrow anyway.)
- Soooo.... you coming? =] --KATIE!! 14:10, 8 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Added myself to your enimies list
Yeah so watcha gonna do brotha? I have 10 reasons I did that.
- 1. I can
- 2. You are mean and insulting
- 3. No one is going to give a shit to help you
- 4. I dont care
- 5. HAHAHAHAHA
- 6. It will give me a laugh and a half
- 7. Oh are you gonna cry? Well SHUT UP
- 8. I dont even know you (not like id like you)
- 9. AHAHAHAHA
- 10. no one really cares either
I did it because I can so can you dig that sucka! Whopper 01:47, 15 Jan 2006 (UTC) Ps. If you waant to talk to me on my talk page...DONT!!
- Yes i also did that, but then you changed it to be more suiting. eh. Have fun with the whole ban thing. 19:08, 15 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Huh! Huh! Huh!
"I may be the butt of your little jokes, but I've got sooooo much more money than you do, it isn't even funny."
Huh! Huh! Huh! You said, "Butt!"--Naughtyned 18:13, 3 February 2006 (UTC)