Why?:The Three Weird Sisters are Alive and Well in Washington, DC
Purchased for UnLibrary on
11 July 2006
“Love those gals...”
“Umm....we're dead. And in the other play.”
The Three Weird Sisters are Alive and Well in Washington, DC
- Sister, see these names inscribed
- Hereon; they fury imbibed
- And drank overlong, their watch
- Done; long life have they botched.
- What sad lot, these adventurers caught
- Always seeking aught for naught.
- I remember, do I, do I
- Trapp’d him in a filthy lie
- The only thing that I regret
- Is we did not photos get.
- Let us get on with our walk
- No more need such useless talk.
- Where hast thou been, sisters?
- Lost in Foggy Bottom.
- Sister, where thou?
- A family man had oil on his hands,
- And glutt’d, and glutt’d, and glutt’d:--
- ‘Share now,’ said I:
- ‘New Order, witch!’ the dynasty lord shouts.
- His son’s to Texas gone, master o’ the Realm:
- But like he of Bones and Skull,
- I’ll make my way and take my cull,
- I’ll do, I’ll do, and I’ll do.
- Let me whip the mare.
- Such sisterly care.
- Add my lash for luck.
- And thank thee for thy sister’s hate
- Now of this, that brood’s
- Playground state, let not abate
- Desire and fool games.
- I’ll whisper in the son’s ear:
- The father’s lust make him hear
- Hang about that Office used;
- Fate to live a man confused:
- Hopeless through years two times four
- Shall he dwindle, to the core:
- An apple bit by the worm,
- Son doomed by invader’s germ.
- Look what I have.
- Show me, show me.
- Here have I a tortured’s hood
- From sand chamber as he stood.
- A drum! A drum!
- Cheney doth come.
- Rhetoric. Love-one.
- How do you expect me to play this well?
- Do you think you are capable of playing well?
- Have you considered that I’m more interested in what you think?
- When will you learn to think for yourself?
- I do think for myself!
- Statement! Love-two.
- What are these, dwarf-women?
- Who the hell knows?
- Ah ha! Rhetoric. One-two.
- Damn! (clutches chest)
- Foul. Heart attacks don’t count. Two-all.
- Fair sir, think you not
- Your companion’s ail
- Is truthfully bought?
- He’ll be all right in a second. Happens all the time.
- Statement! Two to three.
- Though now on vacation we
- Bring to you a prophecy.
- What’s a prophecy?
- Don’t you know?
- Who carries a dictionary on loan?!
- When was the last time you were able to read an intelligence report on your own?
- All right, Brainiac, stow—
- Gotcha! Statement! Gimme! Game!
- I can’t believe I got you that new pacemaker.
- Listen or block as you must
- But take from our lips the thrust
- You’ll be crown and you’ll be king
- In long duet will you sing
- But ’ware the excesses laid
- For abuse at Abu Ghraib.
- Serious words, take serious care.
- Yeah, well, who cares about some dumb witches?
- We’re not playing anymore.